close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Should I take my ipod fishing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by c-orth513, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Do you guys take ipods/cd players fishing with you?

When I go paylaking, I could just be starting at a line forever, so I was thinking about taking my music to listen to.

But last year, my dad hooked into a big bluecat, and his ipod fell into the water, somehow it still worked. I don't want anything to happen to mine though.

Do you think it's safe to bring it?

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Just like anything electronic, dont get it wet :D

I have my ipod on me hooked up to my boat stereo (in the glove box) always. However, if i was boat fishing and had to use headphones, I'd leave it at home.

3. not on my boat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. athensfishin'

athensfishin' Fighting the Man

Wear pants with pockets, problem solved.

5. I plan summer night fishing trips to Dale Hollow around when the Reds are on the west coast so i can listen to the games till about 1:30 at night while I'm fishing.

6. I take mine with me when I'm alone. I have a stereo on the boat,but I figure other people around me don't want to hear it. I don't even turn it up to loud.

7. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I use mine when I am fishing alone.

8. I think you should be okay...just make sure it's protected in some way. I haven't had any mishaps with mine. But there is always a chance it could get damaged.

I fished with a guy last summer who ruined his Razor after getting caught texting just as a big catfish took off with his cut shad. Good thing the blue catfish was a PB because the water logged phone was toast!

9. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i-pod when fishing??? c'mon on man.......whats next, portable DVD players too? as BOUNTYHUNTER put it, not on my boat.

10. athensfishin'

athensfishin' Fighting the Man

Why so hard on the technology? were you this bad when they started putting gas powered ores and lights on boats? :D

11. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i love technology and everything to do with it. i just go fishing to get away from it all. except for my cell, gps, sonar, vhs radio, im pretty much in the stone age out there.lol. musics fine when fishing, just dont put on head phones and tune out everything around you and miss "IT".

12. fisherman5567

fisherman5567 Fishin Everyday

I have to agree, no unnecessary electronics. I am 22 and very intune with all of the electronics, but i too prefer to get away from it all! Plus, I have missed fish because of noise from radios distracting me.

13. i always take my radio with me one its nice to have some music playing (not too loud) and its also a weather radio, so i can get weather coniditons on the fly. now if my son is with me ill bring the portable dvd or let him bring his gameboy, but other than that just the radio.

14. devildog#1

devildog#1 hardcore fisherman

hmm i pod never thought of that. Might keep me from looking crazy when I fish alone . I have a tendency to talk to myself or the fish. Ha!

15. Dad always had to bring a radio when we went fishing. Listening to a ball game wasn't so bad but I could've done without the polkas and the "Lawrence Welk" music as we used to call it. :S

Sorry, no tunes on my boat either!

16. I sometimes take a small radio with me when I go fishing for shovelheads by myself. Dont turn it up too loud tho and it helps pass the time between bites.

17. Quiet is a good thing and you might enjoy nature more without the noise. It's easier to catch a nap while bobber fishin.

18. If Im by myself and the bite is slow, Ill listen to mine.