close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shortdrift's New Boat

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by atrkyhntr, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Ron and I picked up his new boat yesterday then headed to Turkey Foot to break it in for almost a couple hrs...
    I am sure he will fill everyone in on the details but I do know he is one happy camp... I mean Captain :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ron has a smile from ear to ear! Nice boat Ron!

3. WOW! Nice boat Ron. You looking for a deck hand;)

4. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Nice...very nice rig there ShortDrift.

5. Nice 'eye boat. I also like the old-school sissy bar. Oh, wait...

6. I completely forgot that you were out there playing Paparatzi ( or whatever). :D Thanks for the pictures. Yep, I like it. Fast and smooth. :)

7. I've been called worse ;)

8. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Where's the training wheels? :D

Nice rig Ron!

9. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Ron,

Nice boat!

You need to get the trolling motor support (Ram Mount) for the shaft before you hit the waves at Erie.

Nice color choice!

10. That is a pretty sweet sled. Must be nice to be retired and wealthy. Now you just need lessons on how to use it.

11. Nice boat S'drift. I dream of getting a 18' Lund after my x wife gets her hands out of my wallet. Out of curiosity, what made you choose the duo-console over a walk through? I'm guessing it's easier to fish from the duo, but the walkthrough windshield with bimini top would be nice on Erie at times.

12. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

nice rig:cool:

he got that so i would have a more comfortable and dry ride :D :D
    i like it shortstuff.and i'm ready:D ;)

13. Sissy bar? Heck, I thought it was a roll bar. My mistake. Now get a good coat of wax on it, you can polish it with some of those worn out fancy clothes that you have, lol. Pretty sharp Ron.
    Bill

14. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Congrats on your new boat Ron... :) Very very nice...

15. Sixty years on Erie have taught me to respect the Fickle Lady and how to select a boat that will get you home. I feel the Lund will do that, plus.
    As the Misfit said, the dual console is for passenger comfort and a better split on expense. :p The bimini has a full, clear front curtain with a walk thru door curtain. Figure all that comfort, when Old Men like the Misfit need it, should be worth more. :rolleyes: I preferred the dual console for less wind sailing compared to the walk through and also the layout and livewells' size. :)
    As you know, I need LARGE livewell's. :D

16. Hey Ron!!!! Nice Boat,, I'm Glad you got it on the Water!!!!!!!!! I'm Happy for ya!!!! :D
    Stan

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  17. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

:mad: ;)
    i've always been one who believes that "the better the service,the better th pay" :)
    the increase in comfort will surely be worth an increase in "user fees" :D

18. What size Merc and kicker is on that Lund? Sure is a beautiful rig! Congrats!

Talk about feeling your pain ohiojmj. At least it's your ex-wife digging into your wallet. My wife isstill the one telling me no to a new boat. Maybe once she gets her new car she'll be a little more receptive.

Eric

19. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

Nice. Color me green, with envy.

20. Congrats on the new boat Ron. Looks sweet!