Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Multi Species Angler
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife got home at 7pm last night and said go fishing. Hmmmmm, no plans and daylight fading. I grabbed my smallie gear minus the canoe and headed for the flow nearest me. I have never done well there, but this evening would be different. I drove along a new stretch to just kind of scope it out and found a few good ripple/pools to hit. I parked the truck and got in. I started out pitching a small buzzbait. Not 1 hit. So, I went with a SB and again not one hit. So, I downsized to a #3 Mepps Algia and got 3 smallies and 2 rockbass in the last 30 mins or so. Biggest fish was about 11"s. Needless to say, that flow has still not been very good to me, but I didn't get skunked!

·
deleted
3,892 Posts
Good job on the bonus trip. Everything has been kind of slow with me, but the Mepps Aglia #3 has been my most consistent. That lure has worked has worked its way back up to #1 on the end of my line. I got a 17" on one yesterday morning.

By the way, that was on Andy's and your recommendation to head east a couple of points. I also saw a monster cruising the shallows above a riffle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts