close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

-SHORT LIVED-

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishingfool101, Jan 23, 2018.

1. fishingfool101

fishingfool101 All species

Since the recent warm up, the short lived ice season looks like it's coming to an end. According to the weather channel the next 15 days are way above normal and no deep freeze in sight. I've only been out a couple of times because of my job restraints, and in my opinion was not a productive adventure. With the river ice that is melting the steelhead should be pretty active once the rivers calm down.

2. DBV

DBV

It should be back. After Feb 5th we could go into a deep freeze for about a month, if Joe Bastardi, the best long term forecaster is right. He has been right so far on this winter. :)

3. I’ll take open or hardwater with enthusiasm. It’s the Limbo that’s difficult to accept.

4. Fingers crossed

Zach216913 likes this.
  5. I feel for you "ice guys" but there are so many negative consequences with the sub freezing weather that aren't related to fishing.

You know, part of it might be my age. As time goes on I seem to have less tolerance for the really cold weather. But that seems to be true for the really hot weather also.

So I hope you get your ice back, without the paralyzing, bitter knee knocking cold.

6. Still 8-10” on Milton today. Shoreline open maybe a foot off of Jersey. 13 shorts today and no keepers!!! Go fish, ice not going anywhere soon. Be safe, have fun!

kayakcrazy and bobberbucket like this.
  7. snag

snag

Don’t get ur boat ready yet! They are talking of another cold snap like we had at New Years coming up the second week of February, ice isn’t going anywhere yet.

kayakcrazy, FISHAHOLIC85 and Ron Lynn like this.
  8. CaptainFishpond

CaptainFishpond Skunked Often

It's over. Warm weather coming. Open water in the horizon.

#barefootandbaggingbass

bowhunter1487 and fishingfool101 like this.
  9. DBV

DBV

Haha. Definitely, not over. Feb will be below normal starting a wee from Friday!!! :)

FISHAHOLIC85 and Ron Lynn like this.
  10. I sure hope it's not over yet. I got out on the ice for the first time this year and can't wait to get out and do it again. Now if there was a way to get away from this thing called work??????

Treeman likes this.
  11. brad crappie

brad crappie Angry hillbilly

It's over boys putting stuff away Sunday u will be real idiot to go on ice after Sunday !!

fishingfool101 likes this.
  12. I can't tell if that's a joke or not? Ice won't melt that fast

13. brad crappie

Am crazy bud

14. brad crappie

I fall in to

15. I will be ice fishing into March!! Maybe not next week what I said before cold snap coming two weeks long warmest day 28 degrees east warmest night 14 degrees! If I did my math right sounds like I'll be ice fishing!!

16. CaptainFishpond

CaptainFishpond Skunked Often

It's over.

Baitcaster ready with a frog tied on, aqua socks in the truck, sunscreen on, let's go!

brad crappie likes this.
  17. Give it a week and a half and let me know how that goes for you

18. By the time you get to Florida to use that gear, it’ll probably be snowing down there again also.

bobberbucket likes this.