Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shoreline on Sunday?12-4-04

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mrm123, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Might walk the shores at the bay Sunday and at the marina for some bass hopefully. 3 rods what baits would you guys bring? Just curious, thanks Mike.
  2. let me know what time you're going and i might be up for it if you wouldn't mind some company. i'm going down south to my buddys land to try to bag a deer but i plan on being back early afternoon sunday. as for baits, from what i've read anything shiny and loud. rattletraps or rapalas. i know a guy that swears by the wall infront of the lodge at maumee bay. i want to try the warm water discharge too. talked to a dnr guy this last spring and he said EVERYTHING moves in there this time of year.

3. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i remember walking that wall a looooong time ago, all i got was gobies.. :rolleyes:
  4. Is sunday the 4th of december???
  5. Mojo, I would think late morning 10-11am. I have caught some fish in the front pond by the lodge,if we hit the warm water let me know I'll get out the waders. Check your messg's.I would think there might be some eyes or steelies in that intake by the warmer water.
  6. WLB

WLB Northern Ohio Fisherman

You might want to try slow rolling a white spinnerbait,next I would try a tube, then a 1/4oz hair jig/101 uncle josh.
    depends how slow you want to fish, the rattle traps that mojo mentioned usally catch me a fish or two out of cold water. Did a little dock fishing last week with the lures that I mentioned above, ended up with 4 fish in 3 hrs. but it was cold and cloudy, a sunny day would help.
    Good Luck
  7. WLB, I have about 7 diffrent packs of tubes and never got a bite on one,the white spinnerbait I've done well in the big pond at the bay,this summer on a windy day got a nice 3lb Lg mouth. Hair jig never fished with them except for the spawn in the early spring for eyes tipped with a minnow out by the lighthouse in Erie. I've heard and read some things about the hair jig for cold water bass. Might have to get a couple bigger sizes. Thanks for the pointers.