Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can certainly pull a Musky from just about anywhere at Pymatuning. They've been caught from the causeway as well as other fishing access areas along the lake. On anything from a floating rapala to a shiner under a float. It is the fish of 1000 casts no matter where you are fishing for them! or even the fish of 10,000 casts as some may argue!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad to hear that, especially about Pymatuning. Actually, it's exactly what I wanted to hear, since I'll be up that way for a family reunion in two weeks. I was thinking of hitting up the lake for a bit of fishing the morning after. Thanks for the info. Hopefully, I'll finally get to test out my heavy gear on the fish it was designed for, and not just the cats I've been going for locally.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome to have WB confirmed as well. It's about a third of the distance from me that Pyma is. Definitely will try and hit it up as well some time in the near future

·
Registered
34 Posts
Normally great numbers of cats at Pymy during the summer time. Heck when we walleye fish for them it seems that's what we would catch most of at times! Decent sized fish too, very healthy looking. Most between 14"-18"

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow! The more everyone posts, the better and more hopeful I feel about how this first time out at a lake with musky will be. I know it's still a long shot, but knowing the shoreline can produce some obviously very nice fish is encouraging. Anyone have some pointers as to baits, retrieval styles, ancient rituals to please the musky gods? I keeeed, I keeeed.....sort of, ha!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts