Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately, my new (to me) Erie Boat will not be ready in time for my camping trip Memorial Day weekend. Any shoreline access reasonably near East Harbor that might offer a shot at a few 'eyes in the early morning / later evening? Never shore fished anywhere but the Pier in Lorain before.

·
Northcoast Madman
1,669 Posts
You can try Catabwa Sate Park and Mazuric's. Thers also a pier in Lakeside, but they charge admision at the gate. If you're up to a long walk, theres the pier at the end of the beach at East Harbor too. That pier isn't paved, its all rock climbing, but I know it gives up walleyes from time to time. Good luck.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response. I may go ahead and wander out at the pier on the beach. Last time I was there, I wasn't sure if you were allowed to do that, no one else was out there.

I haven't had much luck at Mazurik in the past for Walleyes.

·
Perch Addict
892 Posts
Go fish at Night at Mazuric

THrow Rattletraps and Floating lures at dusk

·
Registered
841 Posts
crpngdth2001.........the south jetty at east harbor can produce fish, but as others have mentioned it is a bear to navigate, I did it many times as a yonugster. If you are patient, there will be a new fishing pier at the east harbor beach if we at beachaid-eastharbor get any input in the beach restoration process over the next couple of years. We are proposing that ODNR removes the crumbled sea wall that caused the beach erosion, and re-configure it into a nice fishing pier, with a paved, ADA compliant surface, railing, benches, and possibly even live bait machines...... Take a look at our web site.......... beachaid-eastharbor.com

·
Registered
245 Posts
Try the light house at Marblehead, I've nailed them there before from shore and in a boat.

Shark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts