Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new shorelander with dual bunk boards on each side. These are affixed to a bracket that is attached to the crossmember with one bolt to allow them to swivel from side to side.
Currently when I pull the boat off the trailer the bunks will swivel in a bit and the bracket scratches the paint on the cross member.

My question is this.... as the boat has been set on the trailer is there any reason to have those bunks swiveling? can I tighten up the bolt that they pivot on while the boat is on the trailer to prevent them from moving?
As always, thanks for any input.

·
Pushin' Tin
4,511 Posts
No reason to allow them to continue swiveling. The shape of the hull is not going to change (barring anything devastating) so the bunks should be locked down. Tighten them down while the boat is on the trailer, and you'll be good to go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have a new shorelander with dual bunk boards on each side. These are affixed to a bracket that is attached to the crossmember with one bolt to allow them to swivel from side to side.
Currently when I pull the boat off the trailer the bunks will swivel in a bit and the bracket scratches the paint on the cross member.

My question is this.... as the boat has been set on the trailer is there any reason to have those bunks swiveling? can I tighten up the bolt that they pivot on while the boat is on the trailer to prevent them from moving?
As always, thanks for any input.
I realize this is an older post, but I'm glad it was addressed. I had the same question about my trailer bunks and their ability to pivot. I've found it much easier to position the boat on my trailer when retrieving it now that the bunks are solidly in position...much less room for error. Just to take away any guesswork, and to help with windy days, I'm going to add a set of smaller side bunks. Does anyone have a good source for these? I've only looked at Amazon so far. Thanks for your help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts