close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shore Night Bite Suggestions

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Larz979, Nov 9, 2008.

1. I live in Elyria. I am dying to catch some eyes. I used to fish off the rocks in the spring when I used to work at Garwels in Lorain. Leeches under a lighted bobber used to work awesome for me. Caught my share on HJs as well.

Not sure where to start now. I am planning on tossing husky jerks from the shore somewhere but need to be pointed in the right direction.

Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Josh

2. Josh.....Don't know the lake your talking about but I have been catching some Saugeye at IL with minnows on bottom. Cut one open last night to see what else they are feeding on and did find a leech in on of them. Hope that helps a little.....Dan

3. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

You can go to the rocks on the east side of the draw bridge by the Jackelope. You can also fish the pier. Husky Jerks and smithwick's are the ticket, but Reef Runners and rattletraps will take fish also. Follow 611 all the way to lake Ave. Straight thru the light, bear to the left and turn right at the first driveway, Jackelope is on the left, you'll see cars parked on the right.

4. Thanks Guys... Yeah I am talking about Lake Erie. Probably try fishing somewhere in Lorain Area.

I'll try looking up the Jackelope. I may try heading out there tonight.

Thanks again.

5. Went out from 6:30 till 8:30. Saw a lot of big fish rolling. Casted a few colors of HJ. Didnt hit any of em. I was getting fouled on baitfish the whole time. Tried slow retrieval. Fast with pauses... a little bit of everything.

They are out there just werent interested in my lures...

Thanks for the advice though.

Josh

6. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

I'm working until 1am, but I'll try it after work. You may want to try a big floater when they are rolling like that. Try a start stop, pause and see if they hit it on top. I'll let you know if they are biting.

7. I will probably try again on Thursday or Friday... I'm looking forward to seeing how you do. Next time I may try to get out there a bit earlier. They seemed most active up until about 8.

Josh