Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I would love to get out in the big pond and battle some walleye, but I can't afford a boat. I am looking for some places to try from shore. I am from Bowling Green, and I would like to avoid drives of over an hour. That limits me to Sandusky and west. I am also curious about how the wind affects the shore bite. Do they turn off if it is muddy or turn on? I am mainly after smallmouth and largemouth bass using artificials and strickly catch and release.

tight lines,

Trane

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
There are lots of places around Marblehead. Try by the lighthouse right in Marblehead. The white bass fishing can be great at time and you will also get some smallies. The biggest I have got from there was about 18". There is another park just down from the lighthouse that you can fish off the rocks there also. I have fished at Dempsey and Mizurik access also and have caught smallies from both places.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. I was lucky enough to catch a ride with a fellow member out of Sandusky last Monday. The water was all stirred up, but we did manage a couple smallies and a few largemouths.

J_blocker, I do fish the maumee a lot for smallies, but it has been blown out for a while. I thought I would look elsewhere. I do love fishing the rivers. The water tends to tell you wear the fish are pretty clearly.

If anyone else is looking for someone to chase after some bass this summer, let me know.

Trane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts