Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to Michigan for the weekend and I have always known of the lakes and rivers that I fished when I was younger, but I was wondering if anyone had known of people fishing from the bank in the great lakes or even from the sand bar? I have never tried it, but figured i would give it a go this weekend when I am up there since I will be right across the street from Lake Michigan.

My plan was to use some swim baits, crank baits, rooster tails, and I have a jointed mid-range shadrap that I figured I would try. I'm not sure if it will produce anything, but any advice you might have would be appreciated. As always, thanks in advance.

-Wags

·
Registered
304 Posts
I hear they are slamming the summer run steelhead right now.Fish off the peirs from before daylight till around noon.3/4 oz silver and orange KO Wobblers or eggs on the bottem.Or at night with glow spoons.

·
Registered
391 Posts
For the best information, go on Michigan Sportsman website-forums-cold water species. If you are going to Lake Michigan, then hope for an east wind. If you get it, you should do some good for steelhead. The piers are usually good for smallies and perch also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts