Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Steel seeker!
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When, where, and how could I catch some eyes from shore??? Like a pier or something. I DO NOT keep any fish either so don't worry about that. I just have never caught one before and really want to get my first one in 2011 lol. Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Flatulent Entreprenuer
2,601 Posts
When the water temp hits around 50 degrees, pitch husky jerks, reef runners, or any other suspending stick baits from Lorain, Sheffield, Huron or Cleveland shoreline. Real slow retrieve and you'll need a long net and a headlamp. My personal favorite is a chrome/blue husky jerk in a size 12 or 14. (hj14 or hj12)

Ain't technology great? Now I can be distracted by fishing everywhere I go!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Where- off the rocks, a place that holds baitfish
When- spring and fall, they be coming in about a month from now.
how- throwing minnow style plugs/stickbaits/shallow diver cranks. Start with hj 14 clown and hj 14 blue and silver. The bomber 15 long A's. Do very well.

And don't worry about keeping one walleye im sure lake erie can spare it. Just one tho don't want ya to ruin next years spawn. Lol,just kiddin ya. I would keep your first walleye,i'd also go out for a troll with some of these guys. They'd love to be apart of your first walleye quest. Hell id take ya but you'd have to come to rocky river. Plus there are many much better than me who would get you on a lot more fish.
Best if luck to ya and if you can make it to rocky river just send me a pm.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Wannabit.......knows stuff. His words have wisdom.

Sam......I still owe you fer a 3 oz weight. It's still in my pocket. One of these days I need to take them pants off.....an wash 'em.

Have a great fall.

·
Flatulent Entreprenuer
2,601 Posts
If I ever get the boat back in the water before October, you can just bring it with you and put it away yourself! Lol! I need to replace the belts but haven't gotten to it. My weekends have been full for the past month. Got a wedding thus weekend and picnics on the holiday, plus my sister and her family will be in town from paupau new guinea for a week or so. Eventually, I'll get some more fish in the boat.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I had my first taste of shore eyes this spring at edgewater.....if your willling to take a journey down the rocks pm me ..it's always good to have some company down there...i can't wait for that slow retrieve and thunderous hits...i only had luck with my renosky

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Flatulent Entreprenuer
2,601 Posts
Everyone finds their go-to lure on the rocks. Confidence is key. :)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Everyone finds their go-to lure on the rocks. Confidence is key. :)

Amen to that. Every year my go-to seems to change. I've been fishing the rocks off of cleveland for the better of 6 years and I'm a believer that if you have confidence in a bait and you put it in front of them they will hit it. My girlfriend caught her first walleye off the rocks this last spring with a leech and a glow bobber. 27"er too. Just got to put in your time and you'll be successful. Good luck out there, if you need any info PM me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts