Shore fishing electronics

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rolland, May 6, 2008.

1. rolland

rolland Fishing Noob

I was searching around the web and see that humming bird has a wireless fish/depth finder used for shore fishing. Has anyone used these or other models? Just wondering if its somthing worth trying before I blow the cash on 1.

2. ive seen and talked to quit a few people that have them and wont go fishing without them now from the bank, ill probally be getting one this summer.

3. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu

Anybody know where I could get one of these? I had no idea these even existed. This definitely sounds like something I shouldn't be without.

4. Columbusslim31

5. here At least I think that's it.

I spend a lot of time working on computers. I have 4 of them in my house. When I go fishing I wish to get away from electronic devices. I'm surprised these things are so popular.

Edit: I was apparently a little late :p. Hope that helps you. I've never used this stuff so I couldn't tell you for sure if this one is it. You can also buy some fishing poles with these things built on them. But they aren't cheap...

6. Columbusslim31

Thanks. If this is what the other posts are talking about, then I'm on the right track. Anybody else have any input?

7. Pigsticker

Pigsticker State record bass or bust

IMO they would be interesting to use in ponds and around docks and piers on bigger water. Might be interesting to see near dams too. I think they'd best be used to find out depth/temp and structure but not actual fish. I just don't think the cone put out by the transducer would be wide enough to mark many fish especially considering that it'll probably be in pretty shallow water since you're casting from shore.

8. columbus that one from cabela's is the one i havelike someone said it's nice in terms of knowing depth and structure. it does a nice job of marking fish starting in about 8-10' of water

9. Columbusslim31

Thanks a lot fellas. I'll put this info to good use.

10. Just when I was going to ask this question, I log on and get all my answers. Thanks. I'm getting one now.