Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was just wondering if there are any good places to fish from the shore at hoover or around hoover. I have gone a few times for bass and once for catfish but I haven't caught anything and my friends haven't caught anything either. We live really close so I want to find a good spot when we can't go on my friend boat. I usually fish for bass but I'm willing to try any fish that I have a reasonable chance of catching.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I see a lot of people fishing the rip rap at both bridges. Seems they catch a few there.

Oxbow area and Twin Bridges can also be good.

·
day late, dollar short
868 Posts
Bass fishing a res from shore can be difficult. You can't really just set up at one spot for the day and cast. I find you need to move around quite a bit. I usually hike along shorelines for that.

The rip rap on the bridges holds plenty of channels as well as gills, crappie, and saugeye. The issue now is that crappies are still holding 10-15 feet deep right now and saugeyes 8-12. When the weather cools you can get the crappie and saugeyes easier from shore. Right now you have to pick your spots based on water level and structure. Since they've dropped the water level 6 feet in the last month there are less shore spots with access to deep water. Get a map of Hoover off the DNR website and look for points and drop offs you can reach with a cast from shore.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've had some luck on the rocks below the dam. I walked about halfway down the rocks, just past where the docks come out. There were some bait balls there at the time I was fishing so I'm sure that played a part. Hope u have some luck!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 4 of 4 Posts