Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like Ive tried n tried and still nothing to show! Is anyone doin any good by shore fishing?? (I dont have a boat) ...

I dnt even care what kind anymore, just wana catch sum good sized fish!
ANY HELP is greatly appreciated.. Thanks fellow anglers

·
Registered
464 Posts
No luck whatsoever in the Akron area for anything other than cats, and I've tried everything short of tossing a stick of dynamite too for bass from the shores. Caught some bass earlier in the season, but nothing lately. I've lost count on the cats, but the bass record in my signature is accurate.

·
Registered
113 Posts
No luck whatsoever in the Akron area for anything other than cats, and I've tried everything short of tossing a stick of dynamite too for bass from the shores. Caught some bass earlier in the season, but nothing lately. I've lost count on the cats, but the bass record in my signature is accurate.
Have you tried pitching jigs? I almost never get skunked when I do that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
433 Posts
Try fishing the dam face at Nimisila. Do it early in the morning. Work soft plastics, top waters, or jerk baits around the weed beds that line the dam. You'll pick up plenty of bass. Also, try working a jig under a bobber in the same area. I pick up lots of crappie and bluegill that way. A minnow under a bobber has also been effective there. Early is the key, by 9 A.M. the fish will have moved deeper.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just depends where your fishing and how good you are. Some people will say fishing is good and others will say fishing is poor. Myself i'm not catching the bass i'm use to catching from shore. But I switched over to catching Pike and doing pretty good. Now if we can just get the rain to stop long enough to settle the water a little, that would make me happy. Each year will be a little different from the year before some good some bad. Just keep pounding the water and pay attention to what the fish might want and the time of year. Meaning what is available to the fish for food. Also look for places no one else fishes, I know that is a hard one because fishing pressure seems to climb each year.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just depends where your fishing and how good you are. Some people will say fishing is good and others will say fishing is poor. Myself i'm not catching the bass i'm use to catching from shore. But I switched over to catching Pike and doing pretty good. Now if we can just get the rain to stop long enough to settle the water a little, that would make me happy. Each year will be a little different from the year before some good some bad. Just keep pounding the water and pay attention to what the fish might want and the time of year. Meaning what is available to the fish for food. Also look for places no one else fishes, I know that is a hard one because fishing pressure seems to climb each year.
just curious where do you fish for pike and what do you use? I have never caught one and would like to get on some!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've had success with a small Rooster Tail, green/orange colors. So far I've caught several largemouth, some bluegill, and a pumpkinseed in inland fishing spots. Even took it to the jetty at Huntington beach on lake Erie and caught 5 white bass. The water can't be too murky though. Everywhere it's worked best, the water has been pretty clear.

·
Registered
181 Posts
just curious where do you fish for pike and what do you use? I have never caught one and would like to get on some!
Some people use big old plugs or what the younger people call crank baits. I don't use them because they can kill fish. I like using spinner baits and buzz baits, pike like anything with flash. Places you can try are the Tuscarawas River and Bolivar Dam in Bolivar Ohio. Both of these places have a very good population of pike. Be warned, pike have a mouth full of sharp inward pointing teeth that will shred human flesh. These fish are very aggressive and when you use top water lures they will explode on your bait. How far from Massillon do you live?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Some people use big old plugs or what the younger people call crank baits. I don't use them because they can kill fish. I like using spinner baits and buzz baits, pike like anything with flash. Places you can try are the Tuscarawas River and Bolivar Dam in Bolivar Ohio. Both of these places have a very good population of pike. Be warned, pike have a mouth full of sharp inward pointing teeth that will shred human flesh. These fish are very aggressive and when you use top water lures they will explode on your bait. How far from Massillon do you live?
well i live in Akron for school but Massillon is where my parents live and I'm there alot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts