Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We left the boat at home today and did some shore fishing at Berlin . I had about a dozen 4" to 5" chubs in my minnow trap this morning , so we took them and a couple dozen crawlers . We got to the lake just as the Walleye guys were starting their tournament . I hope someone post how it went for them today . There were several of them trolling a couple hundred yard out from where we were fishing . I didn't see anyone catch a fish while they were out there .
We fished the bottom for the most part . I caught a 14" Smallmouth within 10 minutes on one of the minnows . We had several more bites over the next hour on both the minnows and crawlers ,but no more fish . My Brother-in -Law decided to move down the bank a little ways . He had been getting bites where he had been on crawlers , so I cast a 5" minnow out there ,and something picked it up and took it on a long run . when it stopped I set the hook ,and it turned out to be a Channel cat , about 1 1/2 pounds . We stayed about another hour .We caught a small Bluegill and I caught a soft shell turtle about 8" along the shell . When I left it go I was amazed at how fast it swam away .I Googled it when I got home , and it does say they swim faster than most other turtles . It was an interesting critter . We had a nice quit morning ,and caught a couple of fish . I hope to see the Berlin Walleye tournament results posted . Take care out there .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts