shore eyes

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by castmaster00, Sep 8, 2008.

1. castmaster00

castmaster00 very avid fisherman

does anyone know of any lake river or stream where i can catch eyes from the shore? tips, tricks and techniques would be appreciated.

2. JDBFISHIN

JDBFISHIN Back in the game

Sandusky and Maumee Rivers in the spring, the DNR has a link for the Walleye runs.

Also guys wade in the spring and fall at skeeter. If you run a search on the posts here for skeeter you'll pull up lots of info.

3. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Lake Erie.....In a month or so start casting sticks from any pier or rockwall from Cleveland to Catawba (maybe even further west). The eyes will be there....:B

4. iv had the best luck doin just what krustydawg suggested. i fish off the rockwalls downtown for walleyes every spring and fall. they come in at night when the water nears and drops into the fifties and i also seem to do better when there is a slight chop. i cast out husky jerks and the big floaters, shad, perch, clown and the blue and silver colors have been awesome for me. just be sure to bring a long net and be careful. good luck!!!!

5. Hey castmaster how's the little pond doing across the street from you? Have you fished it this summer?

6. castmaster00

yeah but now they closed it cause some idiots were sneakin in there at night and fishin for their cats.(fish that is) then come morn, trash would be scattered everywhere. honestly i would have shot them with an airsoft gun. not deadly but enough to not make them fish there. hehehehehehehehe

7. Thats ashame. You know what I have to say about that......littering is for loosers!!! If you have any wheels you should go to the place I told you about a few months ago.

8. castmaster00

unfortunately i don't i am stuck hoofin it or biking there. where was that spot again?

9. hey castmaster the huron pier is a neat place to catch them from. the fish im holding in the avatar over there to the left is one i caught up there.it was a 9.5 pounder.Joerugz has gone up there with me a couple three times. its a bit sketchy walking on the break wall. its made of big rocks and there are some big voids between some of them so it makes it a bit dangerous as its nightime when the fishing is done. its only about an hour and half or so away from here.a couple of years from now mabe you can head up with us.sucks being without wheels.I remember.

10. castmaster00

2 more years. 1 and i might convince my dad to go with me when i get my temps.

11. hey castmaster Seneca Lake saugeyes are biting good right now from shore.

12. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Bit by Musky bug

Didn't you tell ask if they are biting from shore in two other posts? :confused:

13. I went seneca lake this past weekend and the lake wasnt so hot as far as fishing goes. behind the dam is where i caught all my fish.

14. yes i did ask if they were biting but i found out they were but only when the lake is choppy.