close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shooting in Northwest Ohio

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bassnpro1, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

A friend of mine here at OSU told me about a shooting at a Jeep plant in toledo, where one of the members of his bass club was killed. He was a supervisor and an employee came in and shot him over a disclipine action the day before. He then killed himself. My friend said he has a wife, son, and daughter. A very sad day indeed for all involved. It is very scary thinking that this kind of thing could happen to anyone. My prayers go out to his family and everyone who knew him

http://www.ohionewsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=2863307&nav=LUELM9NY

2. Yeah it was on the news here last night right after it happened. They said an employee unhappy about being reprimanded came in with a double barrel 20 gauge, told an office lady to get 3 supervisors for him, and then shot them and himself.

Sad story, couldnt imagine going to work and not coming home because someone got mad.

3. I also saw this on Columbus TV last evening. What a trajedy. I just never can see what triggers someone to go off the deep end like that. I know some people get pretty stressed out by their job but come on. It is just a job. Granted it is something everyone needs and they may be hard to come by but IT IS JUST A JOB! :mad::mad:These are real lives they play with. I know I am preaching to the choir here but I just am always amazed when I see this sort of thing. I should take my wife's advice and not watch the news because I get too much of that crap fed to me.

My prayers go out to everyone involved in this mess. The hardest part for me when I hear these things is hearing that they have a family that has to deal with the trajedy and try to function without someone so dear to them.:(:(

4. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

this incident hits home with me. today my supervisor came and told me that i have to watch for the trucks that i have to load and unload. all the doors were locked. i asked why. he said the owners of our company got a phone call from the brooklyn ohio police saying that the man who was our shop stewart made threats to the apartment complex he lived at and to the company we work for. he has been off since oct. on sick leave. he was supposed to be back on a certain day but did not come back. he thought he had more family leave coming but he used it all up. the company fired him. he was supposed to have a meeting with the union and company next friday. the police said he was suicidal and homicidal and if we see him call 911 immediately. we tried to call him at home but only got his answering machine. so far we dont know whats going on with him, or where he is. hope he doesn't hurt himself or others. this can happen anywhere. you never know.