close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

shimano nasci?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by stormfront, Nov 10, 2017.

1. anyone use or own one? any critiques? i've five symetres and was happy with them but shimano decided to replace them with the nasci. i'll not buy one until i hear or read some reviews.

2. I recently bought one at the beginning of the year and love it. The drag is very smooth, I have landed everything from a big flathead to smallmouth to saugeye on it so far. Would definitely recommend it, I'm sure AJ will chime in.

3. RiparianRanger

RiparianRanger Bronze > Gold

Don't own one... yet. But a friend does. He likes it. Every time I'm at f&s I check it out. Feels smooth.

stormfront likes this.
  4. Purchased two for use of opening season this year. Very smooth overall operation. Really like them so far.

stormfront likes this.
  5. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Purchased a 3000 this spring, great jigging reel for the money. A little rough when burning heavy cranks, but super smooth with light tackle (Jigs etc).

Only thing I will add is to replace the cheap plastic upper (handle) shaft washer with a full-fledged ball-bearing. Really makes the handle so much smoother.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    Saugeyefisher and stormfront like this.
  6. Yes I also purchased one earlier this year , the drag very smooth, I salmon fished it casing spoons for close to 80 hours and although gears don't seem quite as smooth as it was when new , I'm still happy with it. Have used it on several steelhead fishing trips last month and it is performing good. Probably the smoothest drag of all my reels

7. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Drag is definitely top-notch, 10/10.

8. hoplovestofish

hoplovestofish Hybrid Hunter

I understand that there is no reverse lever. Love my Symetre 1000's. One on Ebay at $106.00 with $9.00 shipping with 8 Hrs. left. hop

9. Any cold weather issues eith them yet? If not oiled good the symetres would stiffen up on me.....

Checked out one at fs today,ill probobly pull the trigger bye spring an get a 1000 an 2000 series

10. hmm i didnt notice that,but would not be a game changer for me. I dont yse backreel,an have had it engage why popping lures free. So actually a good selling point for me.

11. correct there is no reverse on them and as to cold weather Ive only had mine since April, or May I think and didn't fish it till warm weather so I will be finding out shortly how it fishes in cold weather. Plan on using it again before to long on steelhead.

Saugeyefisher and fastwater like this.
  12. hoplovestofish

hoplovestofish Hybrid Hunter

The Symetre 1000 on Ebay I mentioned earlier, sold for $161.50 plus $9.00 shipping. Crazy! hop

13. wow! i have two 1000s with the compact m bodies and three more over the older in a 2500 size. maybe shimano should have continued production of the symetre.

14. Ive herd lots of complaints for the symetres... mainly cold/wet weather issues....

15. i remember these issues with the saharas but not the symetres for some reason. i even returned a sahara for binding up before. this past spring one of my symetres along with a rod and myself went in while wading in april. the reel worked fine after drying out. that being said, i miss the old 'made in france' mitchell 300s.

glasseyes likes this.
  16. yes I have two saharas , and both have given me problems when fishing for long periods of time in the rain, I seen on a post a long time ago to use plumbers grease on it below the anti reverse on a bearing and it took care of problem

stormfront likes this.