close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shilo ramp

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by truck, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Tried out the new ramp at neville yesterday :) very nice ramp & a very large parking lot!!!!Took less than 5 mins to get to the dam :D If any of you cat guys have a reason to go to Meldahl ;) That is the ramp to use.Daryl

2. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Daryl,

Did they redo the ramp?
    It used to be a one laner very steep, people always had trouble getting in and out of it, fished a couple of tournaments out of there back in 95, the old lock and dam is just up river from the launch............Doc

3. Everything is all new,even a new road-one way-in & out.Double ramps-wide-a parking lot that should hold 30 trucks & trailers :).The old ramp is about 200 ft away.Real nice,it is about time someone built a new ramp on the Ohio!

4. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Is there a fee to launch? Are they going to keep it open year round ??

5. Sorry about the mistake on town name :rolleyes: I have a call into the mayor to find out more.I will let everyone know what i find out!

6. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Oh,
    It's the ramp in Neville below the dam, well that's cool they have needed that for a long time, gets real crowded in the winter with all the sauger guys, wish Ohio would take lessons from Tennessee on how to build river ramps, Tennessee ramps are always built with the ramp pointed going downriver, makes it very easy to load and unload a boat during high current, made that way also keeps mud and debris from collecting at the head of the ramp..........Doc

7. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

This one is built with the ramp pointing down river. I did not notice it the last time I stopped there, but after reading your post, I checked it out again this morning. I don't know the degree that it is pointed down river, but it is definitely not a 90 angle to the river. I would guess more like 60-65 degree angle...maybe less.

Definitely a nice addition/change to current river access spots and ramps.