close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shenango River, PA 5/9/04

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by blance, May 10, 2004.

1. Got out for my first warm weather cat outing of the year this weekend. Seen some decent action, but it should get better. All in all we got 6 channel cats (3 for me, 3 for the girlfriend). I jumped out to an early 3-1 lead on the gf and started getting a little too cocky, but by the end of the outing she evened it up at 3 each and ended up with the big fish of the night. Most fish were 1-2# with the largest being 6 lbs, all on shrimp. And as always, all were released to come back a little bigger and fight another day.

I have to admit I had my doubts about getting in much of anything after a truck rollover/accident on I80 a few months ago spilled something in the river that killed something like 15,000 fish I believe. But the area I concentrate on upstream seemed to still have so good numbers of fish moving through at various times of the day/night. So far the fish sizes seems smaller as compared to last year, but I'll reserve judgement on if there are any affects to the fishing as a result of that accident until after I have a few more outings under my belt this season.

Barry