Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out for my first warm weather cat outing of the year this weekend. Seen some decent action, but it should get better. All in all we got 6 channel cats (3 for me, 3 for the girlfriend). I jumped out to an early 3-1 lead on the gf and started getting a little too cocky, but by the end of the outing she evened it up at 3 each and ended up with the big fish of the night. Most fish were 1-2# with the largest being 6 lbs, all on shrimp. And as always, all were released to come back a little bigger and fight another day.

I have to admit I had my doubts about getting in much of anything after a truck rollover/accident on I80 a few months ago spilled something in the river that killed something like 15,000 fish I believe. But the area I concentrate on upstream seemed to still have so good numbers of fish moving through at various times of the day/night. So far the fish sizes seems smaller as compared to last year, but I'll reserve judgement on if there are any affects to the fishing as a result of that accident until after I have a few more outings under my belt this season.

Barry

1 - 1 of 1 Posts