Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Catcher of Fish
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is about all Ohiojmj and I did Sunday out of Vermilion. Couldn't get a walleye bite to save our souls. Jim did catch and release a very nice smallie that was between 5 and 6 lbs. and I boated a lovely ewe in the 8-9 lb range. Gobies, white bass and sheep were the words of the day unfortunately. Marked a ton of fish out in the 25-32' depths that we assumed were 'eyes but no takers. Some chatter on the radio indicated a few trollers were taking fish. We saw one walleye caught in 10 hrs of fishing. Still a fine day to be on the lake.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
First time on Lake Erie in my 16'er was not all Baaaaaaaaaaaaad. Had a great day. Heard of a few eyes caught (by charters?) via channel 79 chat.

Might try Lorain for perch/eye combo soon if waves, work, wife cooperate.

The sheepherder

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
At least you guys were catching fish, and thats a heck of a nice smallie. I was up there fishing from shore and got one sheephead and one largemouth, i guess thats better than getting skunked.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
We got most sheep and the only smallie in 10-12'. Marked a few scattered fish in that shallow. Trolled out to 25-35' and marked large quantities of good sized fish in schools...but they were bunched shallow, deep, and inbetween. Looked to me like there wasn't much to pick from in shallow, at least during the morning and afternoon. Dusk might be a different story as I hear the eyes come towards shore to feed or worship at dusk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts