close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sheds

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by getinjiggy, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Whens the best time to start looking around for them. Ive got many acres to drive around and do some searching, plus my girls like being out on the 4 wheeler.

2. You can look now if you want. I prefer to wait until March when most of them have dropped.

3. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I am going to start looking hard after this weekend. I have to start early since the areas I look at have other people shed hunting as well. Got to get to them first! I have some friends who have already found some fresh ones this year. I have already found one but it was from last year, not a fresh one.

4. Kyfisherman1

Kyfisherman1 scott_menix@yahoo.com

I've found them as early as december 13th, and there have been a lot of people posting trail cam pics in ky of deer that have already dropped their horns

5. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

We already had a big 12 pointer come through the yard this week
    without his rack. Been hunting for them the last few years without much
    luck...

6. Kyfisherman1

Kyfisherman1 scott_menix@yahoo.com

a 12 pointer without horns? lol sure it wasn't a spike u were counting?

7. ABE

ABE

Found one shed during muzzleloader from a deer i watched all summer. Saw 4 bucks last weekend while driving. 3 were missing one side and the other lost both already.

8. ABE

ABE

Found one shed during muzzleloader from a deer i watched all summer. Saw 4 bucks last weekend while driving. 3 were missing one side and the other lost both already. They almost run into the side of my truck before realized they should stop.

9. creekcrawler

No spikes in the yard -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:)

10. Found 2 different halfs aready last week in the back yard, a 3 and 4 point

11. Hey thanks guys. I know its a long shot finding any, but I know the area I live in is loaded down with deer. I see them every day somewhere within a mile of the house.Girls enjoy rooting around outside with the ole man too. lol

12. Man Creekcrawler, those are some nice looking bucks....what are you putting in that wheelbarrow?

13. DarbyMan

DarbyMan Seize the day

Found a sweet full pair this evening. Got back just in time for the game.

Went down the hill to the creek with the dog and my oldest son. I walked the creek and sent the boy up over a small hill. After I heard him yell I came over to see him with a grin like you wouldn't believe.

Full set, 24 points!!!!!! Right here on Darby!!

Pics coming soon.

14. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I can't wait to see the pics of those! Did you find them on private property?

15. You might have a wack at two different BOONERS next year!

16. creekcrawler

what are you putting in that wheelbarrow? -

I was putting corn in it.
    Dawned on me that now that it's colder out, a metal wheelbarrow might not
    be the best idea. I could just imagine a deer with his/her tongue stuck to the wheelbarrow....

17. when is the best time to start looking for sheds?

18. DarbyMan

DarbyMan Seize the day

Well my photos "exceed the MB limit for this file". Anyone know how to circumvent this?
    The rack was rough scored by a friend at work. Since they were not attached to the head we had to guess a little. Came out to the low 200"s. Don't know how accurate that is but its as best as we can do. Have to amend the earlier points number a little. There were several small points near the base and I was counting those but I'm not sure if they count. The amended number is 19 points. Still pretty impressive.

I may try and post the rack on my son's myspace page. If so I'll post a link for that.

19. DarbyMan

DarbyMan Seize the day

Pictures are in my Photo Gallery.

20. Some are still holding their racks. I saw a nice 8 or 10 yesterday on I-70. I may get out his weekend to take down our stands and do a little shed hunting. May begin scouting too. I have permission to hunt a 600 acre farm in Morgan County. I hunted their twice this year and shot two yearlings. There are suppose to be a good amount of decent bucks down there, so I am going to spend the summer trying to locate these bucks for next season.