Ohio Game Fishing banner

Sheds

12K views 84 replies 26 participants last post by  Muddy 
Looked briefly today. Nothing. Did find the pistol I lost while rabbit hunting last week .

Got home and my son and his friend found this in a tiny patch of brush just off our backyard . 3rd dead 2yr old I have found this yr within a couple miles of my house .
While I understand stuff happens the bolt in this deer just pisses me off . I think I know where it came from and I'm tempted to go have a heated talk about shot selection .
View attachment 506380
View attachment 506381
I doubt if the person who shot it meant to make a bad shot. If you know who shot it the right thing to do is to contact him and offer the horns. Just my humble opinion

I normally do try to locate people and over the years have found some pretty big deer and was able to locate the person who lost them. I agree that most people don't intentionally make bad shots . I've made my share over the years as well .

But to me it appears they took a straight on neck shot on this deer . The arrow is buried straight on in the neck about 3" below the white throat patch . There is a small chance that they were shooting at a broadside deer and it happened to be looking at them . Then their arrow deflected and somehow ended up there ...but it's a very small chance imo.

I don't actually know the person who shot it . But have a strong suspicion it's the guy hunting a small 2 acre patch of timber in the middle of the fields behind my house. I've seen treestands there and about 5 or 6 years ago a guy stopped by my house asking if I'd found a dead deer cause he'd shot one back there and couldn't find it . . That patch is about 400 yds from the back of my yard across a open field .
That’s not a shot anyone should be taking. I know people who have gotten away with it. I just think it’s too risky. I think if you wait them out. You usually get a better shot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.