close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sharon Woods

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by JONAH, Jun 4, 2004.

1. HA HELLO EVERYONE,,NEW HERE FROM GFO site.... i guess they shut down .its a shame cause it was a good site...well iguess everyone would star coming here....i see some familiar Handles already... Anyway I fished Sharon Woods last saturday done somewhat well ..a few nice size blue gills had eggs in them and landed 2 bkue cats. Whatn bad fur 4 hrs work.I going out again tommorow AM. ;) Also i heard that Rush Run was a good place for Gills...anyone falmiliar?

2. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

Welcome jonah! Its good to see ya hear. I fish winton woods alot and sharon woods in bass tournaments sometimes. I like the reports.

3. Hello Bassinpro Good To See You Here...i've Think I've Seen U Around At The Old Gfo Site ... I Beleive This Sites Going To Filll Up To ...which Is Good........which Lake U Like Best S/woods Or W/woods? :p

4. Bassnpro1

i like winton woods the best, esp for bass. Sharon woods used to be a great bassin' lake but in recent years there are a bunch of numbers but no size to them. It is hard to catch 12 inchers for the tournaments. Winton is good for crappie and carp also. sharon woods is my trout lake though! my best day at winton to date Keep in touch and maybe we can trade some info on the lakes, I would like to know how to catfish sharon and I know about everything about from cats to carp to bass.

5. Was At S/woods This Past Sun Evening..did Well...had A Nice 3-4 Lb Bass By The Damn... Did'nt Land It...jumped Off :( BUT THE BLUE CATS AND GILLS WERE POPPIN....HAD FUN :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  6. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

Sure you don't mean channel cats?

7. Bassnpro1

hey shuvlhed1, they stock blues in there so they are in there. And with all the small bass and bluegills to eat I'm sure the fish grow quick.

8. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

they generally stock are of the 30 lbs plus variety, and not very many, only a few a year. The smaller catfish are all farm raised channel cats, I believe. Remember, blue cats are officially an endangered species now in Ohio

9. Bassnpro1

I beleive the park puts either 500 or 1000 lbs of blues in a year. either way that is a decent number of fish for a 40 acre lake.

10. YES shuvlhed1 THERE ARE DEFINFTLEY BLUES in the lake i fish their just about every other day....my last catch was two blues and one channel and some nice size gills..but you are right about the channel the place is loaded with channel...HEy i did'nt know blues were on the endang. list.were you here that from?

11. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

check the website

12. catking

catking Banned

They started a stocking program of blues and flatheads a couple years ago. Some really big ones. Hey JONAH !!!! Welcome to this site. We are glad to have you as a member. Any problems contact myself or any other OGF Team member. Looking forward to your local reports again. CATKING

13. catking

catking Banned

It's legal to stock blues caught by Kentucky commercial fishermen in county lakes or paylakes. CATKING

14. catking

catking Banned

They need to up date their facts. It's a fact that CJ Brown has a good number of Blues in there, along with about 20 other lakes in Ohio. Along with the TONS caught out of the Ohio river. CATKING

15. THANKS FOR THE WELCOME CATKING :p HAVE YOU HEARD ANYTHING ON THE OLD GFO SITE AS TO WHY OR IF ITS GONNA START UP AGAIN? I'AM GONNA STICK HERE....ITS JUST I MET ALOT OF REALLY NICE FISHERS THERE.
    I'VE SEEN SOME HERE INCLUDING YOURSELF AND OTHERS

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  16. catking

catking Banned

Hey JONAH- This site was formed by all the former moderators and adminastrators of the GFO site. Things did not pan out with the other site, so we all moved on. Most of the old GFO members are here also. All I can say is it was time to move on. I'm glad you found us here. CATKING

17. Thanks C/king ............

18. HAD ANOTHER GREAT day at s/woods sat and sun..fishin on the pier sat about 3:00- 6:00 with constant rain... boat house was open but not renting out any boats until the storm passes over....well it passed over at about 6:30 the guys let aboard for free since a waited patiently in the rain with my basspro rain gear on :D well all and all i was doing well at the damn 2-12" crappies and some nice gills and 2 bluecats .Oh the first of the bluecats was at the peir..... All in All not bad for a rainy sat. sunday was nice and hot did well.....Fisheis love those wax.. :)

19. catking

catking Banned

Very nice crappie !!! Sounds like you did pretty darn good. Thanks for the report. DA KING !!!

20. ANOTHER great day at sharon SAt. from about 3:00 to 9:00 winds were a little calm current was heavy..fished off to the left back in the right channel is were the cats and gills were hittin...landed about 20 gills and two bluecats..on wax 1' to 2' under bobber....got home cleaned and fryed em up us and the fellas from the job..had a great night :D