close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Share that leftover bait....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FISHERLADY, Jun 7, 2004.

1. FISHERLADY

FISHERLADY Fish OH Master Angler

:) I have been meaning to get online. I would like to Thank the guy with the boat at the boat ramp parking area at Red Bank (Hoover) Me and my BF were walking and he asks if we want his leftover worms. Well, I accepted. I didn't catch anything that day. I too, ended up sharing this bait with a family. This has been about 2 wks. ago. I only wish that all other fisherman out there would not throw their unused bait away. Give it to someone else to use and not let it go to waste. Let someone else have a chance to catch fish. Even though I didn't catch any, I was grateful. I gave the remaining worms to a family that had kids with them. They were so thrilled. I was glad to have helped them. So I urge all, to share your bait that you don't want to some other rather than throwing it out. Thanks... :D

2. Its funny how such small things can make people so happy sometimes. I have had people give me left over bait and it made my whole fishing trip. I also leave my extra bait with people if I have it. This has nothing to do with bait but I was leaving a restaurant one time and I used a gift card and there was like 3 bucks left on it so I gave it to an old couple in the parking lot on the way out and you would have thought I gave them a hundred bucks. The old lady gave me hug thanked me over and over. Sometimes the little things really make people feel good.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015

3. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

No wonder they were happy Twistertail....... ;)
    A little old couple walked slowly into McDonalds one cold winter evening. They looked out of place amid the young families and young couples eating there that night. Some of the customers looked admiringly at them. You could tell what The admirers were thinking. "Look, there is a couple who has been through a lot together, probably for 60 years or more!" The little old man walked right up to the cash register, placed his order with no hesitation and then paid for their meal.

The couple took a table near the back wall and started taking food off of the tray. There was one hamburger,one order of French fries and one drink. The little old man unwrapped the plain hamburger and carefully cut it in half. He placed one half in front of his wife. Then he carefully counted out the French fries, divided them in two piles and neatly placed one pile in front of his wife.

He took a sip of the drink, his wife took a sip and then set the cup down between them. As the man began to eat his few bites of hamburger the crowd began to get restless. Again you could tell what they were thinking. "That poor old couple. All they can afford is one meal for the two of them."

As the man began to eat his French fries one young man stood and came over to the old couples' table. He politely offered to buy another meal for the old couple to eat. The old man replied that they were just fine. They were used to sharing everything. Then the crowd noticed that the little old lady hadn't eaten a bite.

She just sat there watching her husband eat and occasionally taking turns sipping the drink. Again the young man came over and begged them to let him buy them something to eat. This time the lady explained that no, they were used to sharing everything together. As the little old man finished eating and was wiping his face neatly with a napkin the young man could stand it no longer.

Again he came over to their table and offered to buy some food. After being politely refused again he finally asked a question of the little old lady.

"Ma'am, why aren't you eating. You said that you share everything. What is it that you are waiting for?" She answered...

(keep scrolling)

[This is great]

"The teeth".