close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shanty Upgrade question.

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by pymybob, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Last year I bought a Frabill Ultralight. Great one man shanty.

but.. (you knew it was coming)

I learned a valuable lesson about keeping my lantern too close to the front wall of the shanty. Now I have a nice 1/2 dollar sized burnt hole in it. :eek:

I would like to make this a "happy accident with an idear I came up with! I was thinking about making this hole slightly bigger and replacing it with a piece of mesh that that I would adhere to the wall of the shanty that would be covered by a larger piece of velcro'd black canvass. My thinking behind this was to allow for some ventililation with the lantern I usually run in it. I could take the removable piece of canvass off and on as I please. Any thoughts on this? Does anyone have this type of setup with their shanty?

My question is that my shanty has some patented "ice armor" fabric that I don't think I could get my hands on some to do the job. Any suggestions on what kind of canvass I should use?

Thanks for you thoughts and let me know what you think of the idea :D

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

we have made our own shanties for years and have always used a nylon material.I beleive you can buy it at Joann fabric or army surplus stores.