close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shanty heater

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by CHOPIQ, Jun 16, 2004.

1. I was at Wal Mart in Hilliard last night and they have catalytic heaters for $10. It is 880 BTU heater with a carrying case, 2 thermal blankets and waterproof matches. It would the perfect size for shanties.

2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Would 880 be enough though? When I was fishing hard through the ice, I had a 9000 BTU, and sometimes it wouldn't keep up.

3. all depends how big your shed is,probly work for small one man.

4. Lantern used to work good in my shanty, you would have your coat open in no time.
    Huntinbull

5. Heaters? Oh man. You guys need to dress for the weather! LOL. All the movement I get from drilling holes pulling fish through the ice keeps me warm.

Maybe someday. My goal for this season is purchasing a power auger, then maybe I'll need that heater!

6. Clothes is the real ticket + lantern = BIG FUN ;)

7. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Just take ZFISH out with you ! He's so full of hot air it will stay 75 degrees in the shanty even on the coldest days ! :D

8. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Lol Thanks Phil.. I do like ice fishing though and I do keep warm so Im gonna take that as a compliment. :D

9. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

10. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i got one of those hardwater fan..its great for my van when i'm out in mid winter carping in the blizzard... i have never use the fan on it yet.. :confused:

11. hardwaterfan

thanks for the report on it cl.... :)

12. hardwaterfan

I took a look at that Power Cat today, its not small at all like i said earlier. Still kinda nice though.