Shaky Head Rig (Alabama Style)

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Blc005, Sep 30, 2007.

1. I was wondering if anyone uses the shaky head rig. What kinds of jig heads(brand, size) and what kind of worms(color) do you like to use. I am looking forward to trying this on Portage Lakes. Any replies will be appreciated!!

2. there are several jig heads out there i have used several and its what you like.

I do not like the heads with "barbs" to hold on the bait. I prefer a long shank hook poured on regular lead head mold. If i have trouble with the worm sliding down i just super glue it. 1/8, 3/16, 1/4 oz depend on how deep or how much cover

worms: 4 to 6 inch, green pumpkin is hard to beat i realy like zoom finesse worm

3. is there any certain color of jigheads that i should use? By the way i agree with the zoom finesse worms they are an awesome bait!!!

4. It's always a good idea to experiment with different shaky head jigs. All brands will "act" differently in the water. A Spot Remover head will perform different than a "Jiggy Head", etc, etc. Gambler Lures has a very interesting shaky worm out than it half worm/half hollow with a flared tail on the end called the Giggy Worm. Comes in several different colors including green pumpkin (my favorite). Best thing is this worm matches up VERY well with the Giggy Head in the 1/8 oz weight. Try this combination and see if it works for you. Also try any "hand poured" worms with this jig head, 4-6 inch size. They have an action altogether different from factory mold poured worms. Hope this helps. :B

5. thanks ill give those a try!!:)