Shad Kill Sticky

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by cheezemm2, Jan 13, 2009.

1. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

I just thought this would be a good idea for the upcoming season. A sticky post for where we can list massive kills (there's usually enough for everyone!) When waters start to soften up again and the shad are dying all over, we can start to point each other to the bait! I had a terrible time finding shad last year and would like to stock up this spring...Anyone think this is worth doing?

2. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Usually when they are dead and floating they are rotting and stinky. I prefer live ones to freeze and they can be caught every fall when the water temp drops.
    I thought I had PM'd you the location earlier this year??? I live by you and can give you a few bags for you and Cory.

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

no sticky today;)
    it's a simple task for people to just post when they find kills.

4. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

ultimately, while a shad kill thread may not be made sticky, I am sure with enough dead shad things would get sticky !

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

or worse yet,it could cause a lot of bashing over someone giving out a dead shad hotspot on the internet,and cause the thread to get locked:eek:;)

6. BigMha

BigMha QQn 4 that "ONE" big fish

go down to e.72nd in the small horse shoe, you can harvest ALL the LIVE SHAD you want....and freeze them for the spring

7. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

i had a rough time getting shad in 08 too........i live close enough to Clendening and Tappan that everytime i heard people were getting some shad out there id drive out and i stll had a hard time getting shad !! i HEARD recently that there was quite a few shad dying off in the spillway at Atwood LAke but i didnt make it out there to check it out !!!