close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Service with a smile.....story about a Lund

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by vc1111, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Last year I purchase a 2003 Lund. I loved the boat, but it had a slight list (leaning to the starboard side); not bad but it listed even at top speed.

I called Lund and asked if they could somehow remedy the list. I advised the rep from Lund that I had tried shifting my gear inside boat to shift the weight over to the side that was slightly raised up when the boat was underway.

The rep from Lund asked me a few questions and then asked if he could call me back in 5 minutes because he had to "check something out."

He called me back 5 minutes later and said: "We're going to send you a brand new 2004 Lund. How's that?"

He went on to advise me that they'd have to build it for me and it would take a while, since they had just began to build the 2004's. He also advised me that they'd pay all costs associated with transferring the rigging and gear (trolling motor, outboard,etc.) to the new boat. In the meantime, I was told to go ahead and use the original boat till the end of the season if I so desired.

I picked up the new boat and new trailer about a week ago. I could not be more pleased.

2. Stretch

Stretch Wishin I was fishin

You just dont hear about that these days. That is great, glad to hear they took care of you.......Stretch

3. WOW! That is great. Glad to see there are a few companies that still know what customer service is and stand behind their products. I had a similar instance with Cabelas. I was fishing a few weeks ago and got a snag and when i tried to get it out the rod broke in half. I knew that I had not put enough pressure on it to break so I called when I got home and told them what happened thinking they are going to say well dummy, you should not have jerked on the rod so hard. Well they told me to send them the rod and they would send me a knew, only took about a week and they even gave me credit for the shipping.

4. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Vic1111,

Did they ever tell you what they thought the problem was that was causing the listing? It must have been something pretty bad to have them replace the entire boat.

Mine always list to starbard also, but it has nothing to do with the boat, just were I sit :eek:

Kim

5. Why is it your Lund will list to the side you are sitting on? :confused:
    Mine doesn't. :eek: :rolleyes: :D