close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Service @ Drive Thrus

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by H2O Mellon, Jul 7, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I know we had a post several months to a year ago about service from fast food joints. Well I've had a couple strange experiences lately. 3 days ago I went McDonalds. The drive thru girl was babysitting her small child, aprox 2 or 3 years old. She had the child in one harm & handling the money in ther other. I thought it was strange, but hey if you cant find a babysitter you gotta do what you gotta do. Yesterday was the topper. I go to Wendys afterwork, beacuse my wife & kids were gone. The guy at the drive thru had a spiked belt on with several spikes/studs in his ears, nose, mouth, etc.... you get the picture. The best part is comming.......... He was talking on his CELL PHONE, while running the drive thru. Yeap..... He made me wait while he was talking. I about left the freaking place. It's bad enough that you have to go to a sit down place & hear people on their cells, but when I have to wait on the drive thru guy to find a moment where he can stop talking & take my money is where I draw the line. I'm only 28 years old, so it was only 13 years ago when I was workign @ McDonalds, we had to wear nice pants, a button up shirt, no facial hair, no lip rings, no tounge rings, etc.... Whats up w/ this stuff?

2. worminator

worminator I'll be bach

As a famous historian once said....... The times, they are a changin'....
    I had a good one also at Wendy's. Walked up to the counter and the girl says
    Whatchu want. To which I replied............. WHAT DID YOU SAY???? AND WALKED OUT. I know they don't make much $$$ but dang get with the program.

3. Looks like McDonald's and Wendy's forgot to tell their employees that they work in a SERVICE INDUSTRY!! That was strange, rude, and completely uncalled for. What's this country coming to when McDonald's starts to go downhill :D :D ! What's next, bussing your own table at Olive Garden or similar, nice resturant!

4. Mellon, hey, I hear ya loud and clear and would have called back and left a message for the Manager after each of those examples. In the process, Im thinking another fast food place is usually right next door, I would frequent them instead of the places where i had that kind of service. Im sure health regulations do NOT allow small children behind the counters so Im suprised they got away with that one.

The one that really gets me on a daily basis is the folks who put there small kids in diapers up on the counter where they serve the food.

It also amazes me when I walk into a place and its very obvious, there is no shift manager on site and everyone is doing nothing, radios playing, laughing and carrying on with everything except fixing your food!!

Lately I been on the SouthBeach diet so I have been fortunate to eliminate the fast food places for the last mointh from my diet.

BTW, you available to get out any this weekend for that Cat trip??

Salmonid

5. A guy I work with was going through a Taco Bell about midnight and placed his order the guy reads it back and says "You want a few beers with that"? My buddy says "what kind ya got and how much" thinking the guy was kidding. Well the guy comes back and says "bud light 2.50 a bottle", so my buddsy still not sure if the guy is for real or not says "sure I'll take 2". Pulls up to the window the kid hands out his order and takes the money and then pulls 2 bud lights from the ice chest and says that'll be another 5 bucks as he is opening them up! Now that is service!

6. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

whatchu want....lol...

do your heart a favor and go to the grocery store instead.

at least once, just try it. get some fruit, bagels, maybe a can of tuna and put the tuna on some fresh hard rolls. and get some apple or grape juice to wash it down.

i know its not easy but it can be done.

im not preachin to anyone, if you dont want to, then dont.

ive found so much crap in my fast food its sickening, a cockroach leg, a smashed fly, hairs, etc....and thats just the stuff ive actually noticed.

i was a cook at McDonalds and i liked it, it was a pretty tough job. i worked my ass off for the lowest wages ive ever earned in my life.

7. I flipped burgers at Wendys when I was in high school. I used to fix myself a little something I liked to call the "Quad Daddy", 4 quater pound patties with bacon and cheese between each one that and a biggie fry and maybe some chicken nuggets and biggie drink up my lunch! I would be dead if I still ate like that but when your in high school and work out all the time it didnt matter much.

8. I seem to have more problems when I go inside. I went to a ice cream shop about a week ago and had to repeat my order about ten times before the dumb (but cute) blonde got it right. A few day after that my girl wanted to go back. I didn't want to thinking that cute but stupid girl would be there. Well she wasn't so I was like cool. Just to see the guy that was now taking my order was just as stupid. Is being the village idiot a requirement to work there or something.

9. Sounds like a heart attack on a bun to me.

Now I am hungry for a burger.

10. This Is 1 Of The Reasons People Are Coming In To This Country And Taking Jobs That Younger People Arent Doing Their Jobs Right

11. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Lol Too funny boss! Famous? Hell yes! Historian? ;) quote ("the times, they are a changin") Bob Dillon Lol TOOOfunny! Perfect!!!!! OK- For the members sayin' " who is Bob Dillon" Oh No!!! I just gave away my age! :(
    Well, get my order right please! :D Raider

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  12. After my experience tonight, I almost came home and started a post just like this.

How hard is it to get a my Wendy's meal upsized? For christ sakes, my drink is the right size, but my fries are not.......it's not the big deal of those FEW extra fries, but that fact that I paid for it and they obviously heard me because it was 1/2 right. It happens ALL THE TIME!!!! Not just at Wendy's either.

It seems small to make a fuss over......but if I didn't want it, I would not have asked for it........pisses me off everytime I open the bag and a small fry is in there....or I ask for my sandwich a certain way and get the one that was pre-made sitting on the warmer. "Made when you order" Yeah right...

13. Direct from the Wendy's site:

Contact Us
    We'd love to hear your comments or questions about Wendy's® or this web site. While we are unable to respond to every piece of mail personally due to the high volume we receive, your comments will be given serious consideration.

Obviously they mess up tons of orders and many other things. They didn't have an email link. I'm not one to complain.......and in the rare instances I do, I am not looking to get something for free or get a discount.....just fix the problem.

14. Bottom line being, good help is HARD (VERY HARD) to find. Alot of these kids, not all of them, would rather walk the streets inviting trouble than be responsible and hold down a job. The employers are forced to take what they can get from the younger minimum wage work force. Go to that same Mickey D's during the school year when alot of those jobs are occupied by the gray generation and take note of what kind of service you get. Totally different. One redeeming factor though, at least they speak english.

15. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

16. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Speaking of drive-thru's...I saw this one night just a couple of weeks ago a couldn't resist pulling out the camera. You should have seen the look on the guys face after I shot his pic...priceless...! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. I just figured it was Corey Dillon's brother.

Although I can't figure out why he is being given credit for one of Bob Dylan's lyrics. :p

Back to the topic:

Your parents said the same thing about your generation when you were growing up :D

18. I've seen the walk up at the drive thru several times in the early morning/late night hours at Tim Hortons.

19. A few weeks ago my wife went through Fazolis and they messed up her order, she didnt go in cause she had the baby with her and did not want to wait in the line at the the drive again so just went on home. She sent in an email when she got home and a few days later got a letter in the mail with a 5 dollar coupon! It sucks they messed up but at least they did something about.

20. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

I swore off ALL fast food restaurants 96 days ago, and Ive lost 23 pounds to date.TRUE STORY !