Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Probably somewhere along the west coast of Florida. Thats supposed to be the lightning capitol of the world

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Beautiful! When we were kids, my Dad would sit on the porch with us & watch lightning. He taught us to respect it without fear & also to appreciate it's beauty. I love to see pictures like this! Thanks for posting.
Mike

·
The end is near
6,516 Posts
Probably somewhere along the west coast of Florida. Thats supposed to be the lightning capitol of the world
Could be true. I lived in Pinellas Co. for 2 years. Halfway between Clearwater and St. Petersburg. There are more strikes of lightning per capita than almost anywhere else. Seems like you hear about somebody getting zapped quite often. Alot are on golf courses or in a boat fishing.
I remember waking up in the middle of the night to what I called an electrical storm. Very little rain but a ton of lightning.
Those are beautiful but deadly pics CT.
They say if you're out in a storm and your hair starts to stand up on end, you're about to get zapped. Lay down in a ditch in the fetal position.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's national geographic quality.
Big buck picture. Definitely pro with pro equipment, or really really lucky dude with Kodak x-15.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Could be true. I lived in Pinellas Co. for 2 years. Halfway between Clearwater and St. Petersburg. There are more strikes of lightning per capita than almost anywhere else. Seems like you hear about somebody getting zapped quite often. Alot are on golf courses or in a boat fishing.
I remember waking up in the middle of the night to what I called an electrical storm. Very little rain but a ton of lightning.
They say if you're out in a storm and your hair starts to stand up on end, you're about to get zapped. Lay down in a ditch in the fetal position.
If you’re fishing and your line “floats” in the air after a cast, you’re in the path of a strike.

How many know the current generally runs up from the ground instead of down from the clouds and is what is visible to the human eye?

·
Registered
407 Posts
When I was young my family was on the ferry to Kelley’s Island. There was a storm in the area. We were out of our vehicle and I look over at my brother and his hair was standing on end and he started laughing. Then he says mine is too! My mother yelled at us to get in the truck immediately! Didn’t realize what was going on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts