Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: September 6, not the 9.

A guy wearing scrubs, a guy wearing spandex, an old guy and a strapping young lad decided to met on the White Water River on a Friday morning.

No, it's not the start of a bad joke, but real life.

I met a spandex wearing Bassaddict83 a couple miles upstream from where HOUSE and coangler met up. The plan was to find the hot spot and meet up in the middle. Unfortunately, the hot spots were non-existent.

With our heads down and our pride swollen, we collaborated at a mom and pop diner to discuss Moonpies and our next plan of action.

Bassaddict83, coangler and myself decide to hit the LMR, while HOUSE decided to play his dirty game with the use of live bait else where.

We all threw everything you could imagine. We all decided that we should quit fishing and start a band instead.

While walking upstream, I heard a woman scream "YYYAAAAAAAAAAAHH!"

To my surprise, it was coangler. He stepped on a snake and it bit him. I saw it with my own eyes, it looked something like this:

[ame]http://youtu.be/5AjLSovKmVc[/ame]

Tired, sad, beaten and frustrated, I let the fellas know that when I catch the fish of the day, I am going to go home. I cast into the deep riffle, and then it happened. The reel was screaming, coangler was screaming and I fought this fish like a warrior poet. I finally landed the fish and dragged it to shore. It measure 22". I let the beast go to live another day and stayed true to my word and went home.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I was there and have no memory of the snake being as small as the one in the video....
After that attack, I plan on wearing spandex leggings under my britches as well..
Thanks for the multiple offerings to "extract the venom by suction" but as I stated then and I say again, these snakes are not venomous.
I'm happy for you though, that was a great catch and the crouching tiger , hidden dragon stance you maintained while navigating that beast through the water.....impressive!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Its pretty obvious that without your calm sage like demeanor the entire enterprise would have descended into chaos. I'm sure they thank you constantly for watching out for them....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts