close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Senko Worm?????

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by FishJunky, Jun 2, 2004.

1. FishJunky

FishJunky AEP Tuber Association

What is the best way to fish a Senko cigar worm????? Can anyone help??

2. just throw it in and let it sink then pull it in a little bit and let it sink. I always fished it real slow and the fish will almost always hit it when it is sinking or just sitting on the bottom. try to keep as little slack in your line as possible and watch the line real close so you can detect strikes.

3. Or go Wacky worm style and hook it through the center and drag it along the bottom pausing often. Do this slowly.... hope this helps.

4. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

I don't think you can fish a Senko the wrong way. More often than not, the bait gets bit on the initial drop but I caught fish twitching it, hopping it off the bottom, dragging it along the bottom, and even doing a fast "walk the dog" on the surface. My best advice is to rig it with no weight. EH

5. I fish it Texas rigged with a 3/16 oz titanium bullet sinker. The new Bassmaster magazine has an article describing this technique.

6. Any way you want, fish bite them anyway

7. The Senko is my "go to" lure under most conditions. I fish it slightly differient. I want to maximize the natural wiggle is has on the drop, so I let it fall on a slack line. If I don't get hit that way, I dead stick it for 10-15 seconds (drives me nuts-but pays off sometime). I have no luck with it at all with a current. I normally fish with a 5 incher, but if things get desperate, I have a supply of 4 inchers.