close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Senko size

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Geo71, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Just currious, what size senkos do you guys all use?? I bought a whole bunch that were on sale cheap in the 4-5 inch size I got mostly the 5 in ones becuse most of the 4' were gone. So I don't know if thats a good indication that most people fish the 4" over the 5" or what so I was just wondering?

2. i always fish the 4inch yamamoto i have always done better on the 4inch but thats just me i want to see what others say u can always bite one inch off of the 5 though i do that to lol mmm good salt and garlic lol

3. I've always used the 5 inch. This weekend I couldn't get a bite on the 5 inch but the 4 inch was getting eaten as soon as it hit the water.

4. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

I always used the 5" Senkos in the beginning, but I recently bought some of the 4". All Gary Yamamoto.

The 4"ers are producing really well.... especially in Bubble Gum.

5. Dmuntean

Dmuntean Bassmaster

It's weird because 5" seem to have a better flutter on the fall when weightless. However, the 4" seem to be a little better for quanities. I've caught my biggest bass on a 5" watermelon candy. I like Yum Dingers, anyone else prefer these???

6. Yep, I alsos use the Yum Dingers.

7. I think it's good to have some of both. If you texas rig weightless I think the 5" has more action, especially if you are using it more like a jerk bait. Wacky style I think works a little better with the 4". I usually start with a faster retrieve on the 5" first and work my way down to teh 4" if that isn't working. I am a big fan of the sparkly white one, the purple one and the bi-color green one.

8. BiteMyLine

BiteMyLine Just One More Cast

I loved the senko style lures but not gary yamamota's. They just seem to be to soft for my liking and tear up in just a couple of fish. I do just as well if not better on other namebrands, my favorite being some off brand I found at gander mountain in a black and blue color pattern. I've been killing pond bass even more frequently with them and they are much more durable than the gary yamamota's senko's. I think they were called black magic trick worms.

5" have much better action in my opinion.

9. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

I like the 5" better as they seem to have more color options... BUT... I catch bigger fish on the 4" in more simple colors. That being said, I have a lot of both.

10. Dmuntean

Dmuntean Bassmaster

Gander sells them as "guide Series". I've compared these w/ Gary Yamamotos and I could not tell a difference. They are also salt loaded. However, they are also 3$ a bag instead of 6$ a bag. I get the same results also.