close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Senko Help!

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by mcmd8700, Jun 5, 2004.

1. I am new to this lure, as I have stayed away from most plastic worms in general. But I picked up a pack of 4" Senkos on clearance, and now I love them. But I have a hard time knowing when I have a strike. I tend to just get lucky. It just pains me to think how many fish I have missed out on. How do you know when you have a strike? How do you know when a fish is pulling your line rather than just the sinking motion or the wind?

Also, I have tried wacky rigging, but have yet to catch a fish with this set up. I was told by a friend that this can be deadly around moss and structure, but how do you keep the grass off, and again how do you detect a strike?

And what size hooks should you use with the different styles? I was using a 1/0 with the 4" senko, and a #4 octopus when wacky rigging.

Thanks for the help!!!

Mike

2. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

pay close attention to your line when the bait it sinking, most of the time they hit it on the drop, watch for a slight line jump or the line going to one side or the other.
    try a 2/0 EWG hook with the 4'' senko when rigging texas style and a #1 circle hook or 1/0 EWG when rigging it wacky. use a 3/0 EWG for the 5'' texas style and a 1/0 circle hook or a 2/0 EWG when rigging it wacky.