Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this lure, as I have stayed away from most plastic worms in general. But I picked up a pack of 4" Senkos on clearance, and now I love them. But I have a hard time knowing when I have a strike. I tend to just get lucky. It just pains me to think how many fish I have missed out on. How do you know when you have a strike? How do you know when a fish is pulling your line rather than just the sinking motion or the wind?

Also, I have tried wacky rigging, but have yet to catch a fish with this set up. I was told by a friend that this can be deadly around moss and structure, but how do you keep the grass off, and again how do you detect a strike?

And what size hooks should you use with the different styles? I was using a 1/0 with the 4" senko, and a #4 octopus when wacky rigging.

Thanks for the help!!!

Mike

·
Original OGF Member
2,037 Posts
pay close attention to your line when the bait it sinking, most of the time they hit it on the drop, watch for a slight line jump or the line going to one side or the other.
try a 2/0 EWG hook with the 4'' senko when rigging texas style and a #1 circle hook or 1/0 EWG when rigging it wacky. use a 3/0 EWG for the 5'' texas style and a 1/0 circle hook or a 2/0 EWG when rigging it wacky.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts