Senecca Lake

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by OhioRiverRat, Aug 3, 2008.

1. OhioRiverRat

OhioRiverRat Member

Anyone been on Senecca this weekend? Going tomorrow morning.

2. Was there last Monday through Thursday. Major shad hatch happened within the last two weeks. Schools of baby shad are everywhere which makes fishing tough. Atleast it did for us. You may be able to get into some white bass, as they were killing these schools of shad. Just seemed like every time we saw a school of feeding white bass, they would move on by the time we got into position. We did manage a few eyes, bass and channel cats.

3. the catfish have been alittle uncorropative lattly it seems to be because of this shad hatch that hit.....the little shad are just to thick i have managed a few small channels and a few small bass on soft craw while bank fishing but i havent really tried live shad yat but i have tried live and cut shiners with little luck

4. tnant1

tnant1 Avid bait killer

Was there Sunday night from about 9-midnight. Caught 4 LMB on rubber worms and tubes on bottom. Largest was 18" and probably about 3-4 lbs. All from the bank.

5. tnant1

tnant1 Avid bait killer

Went Friday night with my brother-in-law and his Dad. Started around 9 p.m. and finished around 6 a.m. only caught about a dozen LM.:confused: Biggest was 18" and 15" - rest were smaller still. From what I've read on the boards, it's like that at several places around the state.