close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Seneca & Wolf Run

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Shortdrift, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Lewis and I hit Seneca and fished every spot we knew as well as a lot of others. Marked very few fish and caught nothing. :eek: Pulled the boat and headed for Wolf Run. Caught crappie, large mouth bass and trout. The trout were a lot of fun as they jump a lot. Everything was returned to the lake. :)
    Lewis even caught a trout in a special way. He snagged a line and brought it to the boat and proceeded to coil it up when he said "I think I got a fish"!
    Sure enough he landed a trout that was gut hooked so he cut the line and let it go also. We were using artificials. The bank fishermen were using Power Bait and minnows. There were chartreuse and pink balls of Power Bait floating all over the place.
    Had a lot of fun and it sure felt good to be out on the water in a boat rather than a shanty. Now if I only had a boat of my own :( ............

2. Wolf Run is where I camp for turkey season... very nice and clean...:D
    was wondering why we didn't hit the river now know... ;)

3. I thought about the river and smelt and decided to relax and sit in a boat instead of waiting to slip and swim in the river :p or have that Easterly wind blow all that cold air on me for a few hours. Turned out that it was in the mid fifties with a steady light wind where we fished at WR. :D Seneca had some pretty stiff winds and a good chill.

4. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

My first time on Wolf Run yesterday. I don't think I've ever been in a lake where I could be 5 feet from shore and be in 40 feet of water. Can't complain though. We caught some fish and the weather was nice.

5. Good deal...
    Did you take any water temps?

6. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Most of the lake was 41 degrees.

7. ohhh its getting close...
    THANKS

8. i was down there on the release.....about 330 and from then till 500 i caught 24 trout i gill and had about 15 other trout on. they shut off when the wind stopped. too bad my dad and i were the only ones within 200 yds of those fish. no boat either. most boaters out there this year were kind but 2 boats just didnt like the fact that the trout stayed in close to the shore. too bad for them. thinking trolling is the answer. make me laugh

GABO