close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Seneca Walleye

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Tredder, Nov 10, 2004.

1. If the wind's too much on Erie this weekend, we're thinking about giving the walleye on Seneca a shot. We're mostly into night fishing for em this time of year, but we've not fished Seneca before. Does anyone have any tips/experience with the recent walleye fishing there? We could use a couple pointers on location, etc.

2. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

Although I haven't fished Seneca in November before, and although you may see more Saugeyes than Walleyes, Seneca still has a good population of Walleyes and you should do well. The flats around the first island, the roadbed between the sailboat docks and the beach, the hump out from the Cadillac Bay bridge, and other places should all be holding fish. Many may be moving into the deeper water off the dam so don't pass up that stretch. I don't know if the Dam Bait Shop is still open. Check it out and ask them to mark some spots on a map for you. Send a PM to Pipeliner too. He should know what and where regarding Seneca.

3. Thanks for the tips. I didn't realize they shifted the stocking there from walleye to saugeye. Do you know of any lakes out in that area that have been managed just for walleye? Nothing wrong with saugeye, but we've got plenty of them where we live in the western part of the state.

4. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

Both Salt Fork and Seneca have switched over. Berlin, Milton, Mosquito, and West Branch are still Walleye lakes.