close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Seneca Tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Pipeliner, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Hey Gang,
    Shortdrift and I are going to hit Seneca tomorrow if everything works out. Does anyone know what is going on with the eyes. The last time I was there was 2 weeks ago and the fish were scattered. Did end up with 4 eyes over 14 1/2". Caught around 15 or so.... PM me if you like... Will post tomorrow night with results.... Stan :)

2. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

I giot the report from the SOWC event there on Saturday. There were aparently many fish caught from many locations. The big structure around the small island in front of the dam, the hump over toward Cadilac Bay, the rockpiles back in the first big bay to the North, the rockpile just outside the slow zone on the South side, and it sounded like most of the contestants spent some or all of their time at the twin islands in shallow water. Jigs, spoons, small Vib-"E"s, crawler harnesses and crankbaits aparently all took fish. I don't know exactly how many fish were caught but I do know that even 6th Place weighed in a limit. I don't know how far down in the standings the limits went. good luck guys!!!

3. my fatherinlaw docks at the owlsnest on seneca and is avid about eyes.he said trolling off the island in front of the dam with an erie deerie trailed with a night crawler will produce a limit on almost any day.i have seen his pics so i believe mabee i should get out there and try it they sure are a good eating fish. good luck,hey pipeliner are you with 798 or whats up with your name?

4. I've been catching a few out there, but not too many keepers. :confused:

5. Thanks Guys,
    Looks like the Weather is going to be bright and sunny :cool: , Plus after this minor cold front :confused: , we may have our work cut out for us. :rolleyes: But we have been in that situation before. We will probably try the regular places first and then key on the others. ;) And yes, the catch has been smaller this year, Biggest I have caught is 171/2". Will post tomorrow night... :D Thanks,,,, Stan

6. Hey 03zrider:

I began working for Buckeye Pipeline in 1969. In 1975, The part of the company that I worked for was purchased from Buckeye and the new name was Ohio Oil Gathering. I have operated all types of Heavy Equipment, Oil Pumping Stations, Gas Compressor Stations, and Laid Miles of Pipeline throughout Ohio. Back in the CB days, I choose the handle of *Pipeliner* and I have been Lucky to use it in Many places on the net.... I have since retired due to a cutback and Here I am. Keep in touch!!!! :) Stan

7. i am a welder with the pipefitters so i have worked with alot of 798 hands is why i was wondering .i can only dream of when i can get out.i still have 15 years left ,i hope you are enjoying your retirement :)

8. Hey 03,,,,
    Dreams do come true!!!! ;) Thanks!!!!! Stan