close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Seneca Lake

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Tiny Tim, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Fished Seneca yesterday with my Dad. Not a bad day overall, even with all the wind! Fished with jigs and minnows for Saugeye. Lots of channel cats to sort thru. Did manage to get 6 Saugeyes. Nothing bragging size just eaters.Caught a lot white bass to go with with everything else.No sign of the fish kill that was going on,just a few buzzards cleaning up what was left.!!

2. I love them white bass, would ya mind telling me where bouts ya were fishing?
    Hope to go out this coming week with mama and she has a blast with then white bass too.

3. Glad to hear the dead fish are disapearing. Sounds like you had a pretty good day. I'd like to try Seneca this weekend for a little action. The winds going to be out of the northeast Saturday and east on Sunday, that concerns me ? I do think a breeze on the lake helps the fish bite. We'll give her a shot, beat's sitting around the house wishing I was fishing.

4. We got our fish on the upper end of the big island on the point that runs a good ways out before it drops off. The point i am talking about points towards the Owls Nest.We were sitting in about 11 ft. of water and we were using 1/16 oz.jigs in hot pink and chartruse, tipped with a minnow. I was glad all the dead fish were gone also. I am going to fish there a lot more now than fish Salt Fork. I get tired of fishing hard and not having anything to show for it.:)

5. OK....what's the Owls Nest?? I know the big island and the little island then the dam. We launch from just down the beach in the camper park.

Thanks,
    Terry

6. flthednut

flthednut You can run !

It used to be a store and small restaurant, It is now the Cove. I along with others just can't seem to call it the cove as we have known it for many years as the Owl's Nest. :)

7. Sorry about that.!!! LOL It is hard not to call it that after all these years. I keep forgetting it is now the Cove.:p