Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Urban Angler
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit above location this evening after work. Literally worked the smallies over. Ended up with 12 and dozens of rock bass. Dunkle (home from the Army) ended up with a load of rockbass and a few smallies. I caught my personal best, just shy of fish ohio. 19.25". I have never seen such an impressive small stream smallie. Most fish were caught in normal areas, but we really got into them right below a certain wide riffle with tons of big boulders in the water. Some came on a rebel craw but most hit on the notorious 1/16 jighead with a 3" white venom grum bounced over the rocks. Unfortunately no pictures due to the fact that I cannot destroy another expensive cell phone, but at least we know the fish are still hungry! Go get 'em fellas!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Not cool Kyle. lol I havent had any luck for a little while now. I don't know what the deal is. I hammered them early and now cant get them to bite lol.

·
Banned
2,976 Posts
Nice job! My smallie statistics this year are downright laughable.

·
Multi Species Angler
6,186 Posts
That's awesome. I bet that 19.25 hit like a freight train!

·
Urban Angler
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. Yes he hit very hard, and I knew it had to be a big smallie considering the water was moving relatively quick and it was around 3 ft. in depth. Going to try and get out today again after work. Probably a different stretch of the same stream.

·
Amateur legend
3,009 Posts
good fishing congrats on the hog

·
SMB and Saugeyes.
175 Posts
That 19.25 is an awesome fish. I caught two that size on the BWCA in Minnesota, but I have yet to catch anything close to that from an Ohio stream.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Hit above location this evening after work. Literally worked the smallies over. Ended up with 12 and dozens of rock bass. Dunkle (home from the Army) ended up with a load of rockbass and a few smallies. I caught my personal best, just shy of fish ohio. 19.25". I have never seen such an impressive small stream smallie. Most fish were caught in normal areas, but we really got into them right below a certain wide riffle with tons of big boulders in the water. Some came on a rebel craw but most hit on the notorious 1/16 jighead with a 3" white venom grum bounced over the rocks. Unfortunately no pictures due to the fact that I cannot destroy another expensive cell phone, but at least we know the fish are still hungry! Go get 'em fellas!
Kyle, there is a difference between having a story and having proof...buy a waterproof camera. ;):D

Sounds like an awesome night of fish-slaying!

·
Banned
790 Posts
That's good stuff right there, bro.
Congrats on the PB. 19+"....that's a pig in any waters, a monster in Ohio streams, and a beast in the stream you were in.
Very nice!!:D

·
Urban Angler
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys! I have a witness, and I rarely tell fish stories...:D

Yeah Andy I was pretty surprised when I first saw it. I got one of similar size last year on the same stream during a yak trip...but much further south. The stretch and the stretch North of where I was is AWESOME. I can see why a certain prolific yakker on OGF frequents it so often.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts