Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Urban Angler
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Semi Urban on 7/9 with CPR_Mike for a few hours after work. What a great guy, and great fisherman! We ended up with a decent amount of not-so-large smallmouth and a few sauger/eyes. I got two, and I think he got two or three. The fish were very active, and the flow wasn't terrible for this time of year. Very clear water. Most fish were caught on jig/grub and a few on a crayfish crankbait. We'll have to get out and get those gar soon, Mike.

A couple pictures.

Hit Urban yesterday and we slammed the tiny smallies. It was fun, but it would have been nice to get into something a little larger. I guess it was a good sign as far a possible recovery and future growth. The highlight of the trip was catching a saugeye. This is the furthest upstream I have ever caught a sauger/eye apart from right below the source. I've fished the stretch multiple times too, while in stretches below the now removed lowhead dams were full of eyes. I would like to think that this catch is an attribute of the removal of these lowheads, but you never know. Andyjs ended up hooking into another right at his feet, but it came off ofter thrashing a bit. Not a bad two days at all!

·
Urban Angler
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,

Hit another section I havn't waded since 2007 today solo. I ended up with 18 smallies and one saugeye....the saugeye being the new furthest-north fish I have ever gotten on the stream. No real size. The saugeye went 15" and the largest smallie was 14". It was fun playing keep-away with all the tiny smallies in that stretch. Didn't feel like tearing their lips of for no reason.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Thanks,

Hit another section I havn't waded since 2007 today solo. I ended up with 18 smallies and one saugeye....the saugeye being the new furthest-north fish I have ever gotten on the stream. No real size. The saugeye went 15" and the largest smallie was 14". It was fun playing keep-away with all the tiny smallies in that stretch. Didn't feel like tearing their lips of for no reason.
Never a bad day if you are getting 18 lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks,

There's gotta be some big ones in there making all those small ones...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts