close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Seloc Marine Online Service Manuals

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by salmoide, Nov 24, 2004.

1. I wasn't able to view the online sample so I can't compare it to the books. Reading the fine print on the Mercury cover says you have access to one single year, one model engine. I own 2 Mercury inline 6's of different horsepower and model years. Although they are similar I would need to pay two fees to access the information if it were available, which it isn't, for the inline 6's.

I do know that when I bought my manuals (I have 3) they were about $30.00 not $35.00 each.

Also, my computer is in the house on my desk. I'm not opposed to rebuilding an outboard on the kitchen table but most guys can't get away with that. It's much easier to take the book out to the garage and set it on the workbench.

2. I guess I don't understand the point of the on-line manual. For less than $30, one can buy a manual and KEEP it. Why would I pay more for something that I can't even use in three years? And like Ken G mentioned, I need it out in the garage where I'm working, not in the house. Buying a manual will pay for itself many times over the very first time you use it, but I don't see how having it online is any kind of advantage.

3. I was looking more at the online instructional video, which shows the whole procedures instead of just a few pictures like the manuals do. And for those who had a hard time understanding the manual, the online instructional video gave a complete and better understanding of the operations involved.