Selling my 2001 Ranger 520DVX ?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fletch, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

Hey Guys/Gals, I might be selling my 2001 Ranger 520 Comanche in the very near future.
    One owner (me) delivered in May 2001. Dark Blue w/gold stripes, 225 OptiMax w/blue merc sticker (instead of stock red sticker), Lowrance LCX-15MT w/GPS, Garmin 240 up front, two folding chairs and one bike seat, customer cover, lighted rod boxes-compartment/livewell. Livewell pumpout, 3 bank charger, one new battery in April 2007, another one replaced in 2006 (has a total of 3), etc...

Last year the boat was completely gone over by the dealer. Always garaged. Never tournament fished, local lake fishing only. Plus a once a year trip to Dale Hollow for a week or so.
    PM me and I can send pictures if you are interested

Now all I need to do is talk my wife into it.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. I hope you're getting a new boat...That's a nice boat, I remember Adam telling me about it. when are you going to put me on some of those brushpiles you sank? You gave me gps coordinates for them but I never checked them myself...

3. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

Russ (if this is Russ), I think I owe you an email reply from oh say, 2 months ago? Sorry about that.
    I've been going back and forth over the last 3 months, sell it - don't sell it. It is getting close to the time you want to get your order in on a new one.
    I tell ya what, that boat is 40+ easy, maybe upper 40's. Mine will half that at least.

As far as putting you on those brush piles, I've fished those places several times and I did really well one time. After that, I'll caught one every once in a while. I would have thought that the type of brush and the location would have been fantastic. Oh well.

I've been really busy these last few months. I haven't been out many times this year.
    But when I go, you're welcome in my boat!

4. What are you looking for (boat)? Wife let me (that's the hard part) buy a Triton this year, love it. I've never even tried dropping brushpiles, maybe this year, who knows... We'll see. We do need to get out next year, I did really well at Brookville, I'm learning (always). I didn't know if you got those emails, new address and all...I'd definitely love a ride in your new boat or your "old" for that matter. Good luck selling your boat, how much? Knowing you, it's in perfect condition.

5. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

I'm keeping an open mind as far as brand name. I'm downsizing a little, looking for a 19 1/2 or 20 footer.
    Glad to hear you got a new boat. So you will have to take me out on your boat! lol. What model did you get? You need to send me some pictures.
    I haven't been to Brookville in a few years. I'll have to meet up with you next year and you can reintroduce me to the lake. Maybe I'll bring Adam with me.
    Not sure how much to ask for my boat, I need to go to nada and see what the price is. It's in good shape for sure. Never abused.

6. Fletch, my new boat is a SF-21, 225 yam, not a pure fishing boat but does it all very well, we love it, windshield for bad weather and long runs, bimini top for rain or sun protection, and has a rear seat for the kids while we ski or tube, very comfortable. Runs @64 mph/gps, which is a little slower (heavier/ more weight forward) than a pure bass boat, but the ride is awesome in rough water (Brookville, Kentucky Lake, Laurel, Norris, etc...). I still have my 17' Tracker with a 75 horse and a 9.9 for the smaller lakes, I use that 90% of the time anyway for just fishing locally any restricted hp lakes.

7. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

Those are nice boats for sure. My first boat was a FNS, nice top for the rain etc...
    I would love to have a small boat that I could take to Acton and the smaller lakes. If I don't sell mine, I'll probably get a 15 or 16 footer with a 9.9.

8. About how much would you be selling the Ranger for?

9. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

Hey Lurer.
    It would be close to average retail value. You can check NADA online and add these options. Custom boat cover 18-25 feet. Triple 10 amp charger, fish finder ma 600, GPS - fixed mount, transom live well ( not sure why this isn't standard ), outboard power tilt and trim 101 to 300hp, prop/stainless 4 blade.
    Average retail with the options is 25k.

The boat has been well taken of. It's never been abused. I bought it brand new on May 2001. It's always been garaged.

I'll be heading to the boat shows in Cinci on Jan 18- 27. That's probably when I'll make my decision to sell or not.

10. Well if your still looking for a boat for Acton, i have a 1980 Lowe Superior 14V with a bow mount trolling motor and 9.9 merc on the back. Lowrance graph in back and an eagle color graph in the front. Wired with bow & stern lights and a circuit breaker to add more electronics. Only place I use it is at Acton Lake. I have it set up that with me by myself (240lbs) to plain out rather nicely. Trailer has been completly redone. Stored in the garage year round. Nice cover included. I have started to look at upgrading....i miss going down to watts bar and its just not big enough for a lake of that size.

J

11. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

Sounds great Jason.
    I'll keep you in mind when I make my final decision on selling my 520.

Watts Bar lake, man, I've heard some good stories about that lake. Isn't that a smallmouth lake?

Thanks for the info.
    Fletch

12. I've caught both down there, but mostly LM. I started going down when i was only 6monthes old till i was 18. We had a 1984 Ranger 350V my dad bought left over in 85 for $12,500. He decided to sell because of my college sports....worst decision ever....i loved that boat, it was mint. We got into trapshooting for a couple years, but i still like fishing better! I bought my boat and trailer and motor and cleaned and fixed everything up and have been using it for the last 3 years with no problems! We stayed at Arrowhead resort when we went down there. The Bennett's are a great family! Check it out sometime if you can, a beautiful lake thats not over crowded!

Jason

13. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

Thanks for the info Jason.
    I've been going to Dale Hollow for several years now.
    We usually stay at Cedar Hill resort. Nice place. I'd stay away from cabin #10 though ;>) .