close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Seen Doc Today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CPTN.CROWN, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Well the news wasnt good. She said I should be in much better shape, but its to early to tell surgery wasnt worth it. I think it wasnt, but who knows. :rolleyes: Ive got a followup in 2 months, but as of today surgery hasnt been a success :mad: :mad: Ive got xrays im trying to get scanned

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

hmmm.. does that means u'll be back under the knife?? if so... Ouch! dood..
    hope its getting better anyways.. :)

3. NO MORE KNIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Since the nerve pain in my legs and feet is gone, this is probably going to be something I gotta deal with forever. Getting fitted for a corsit tomorow, that way I can get on the boat in the spring :D Even if i gotta tie a rop around me and the boat so I dont fall in Im not missing the spring bite on Erie :cool:

4. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

as much as i hate to say this don,t be surprised if the nerve pain comes back..........good luck.......as you know i have been down this road your on. :cool:

5. catking

catking Banned

Really sorry to hear this. You are way to young to be dealing with this crap. Good luck to you ;) .C.K. ~**~

6. I HURT MY LOWER BACK AND HAM STRING TWO YEARS AGO. 75% BETTER!
    GOT TO HAND IT TO YOU GUY! HANG TOUGH! :cool: IT TOOK TILL I WAS 30 TO :eek: THAT IM TO OLD FOR SOME #@$*! GOOD LUCK THIS SPRING! :)
    JIG

7. hopefully therapy will help, and the pain management dr should help as well! Ill keep everyone posted!

But thanks for the kind words!!

8. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

I got a shoulder rebuilt last year and I've got a colon surgery
    in my furture so I feel for ya......
    Take care of yourself and let the poeple you care about
    surround you dailey. :)

9. I just had an MRI.

I'm 34 and I have a slight to moderate degneration of the L3/L4 disc, and moderate to severe degeneration of the L4/L5 disc......

Pain starts at my right a__ cheeck and goes down my right leg...thought it was a pulled hami for 3 weeks....

I've had ACL surgery and that was nothing to the pain in the sciatic nerve that is going down my leg.....

For now I'm stickin with physical therapy...since Jan. 3 the pain is at least manageble to a point where I can sleep without taking darovcets all night....so....

all Im worried about is if I can ride/take care of my horse again and FISHING in my boat this spring....

Good luck Capt'n....

10. dont want to worry you capt but, I have been there and done that!sometimes they get it right and sometimes???you can sneeze and set back what was done!since 1996 i have been in pain more or less all the time! it does wear on you!!but keep up your attitude!stay hopeful or you will find that it only make you bitter.little positive thinking from a fellow sufferer!! my experience has been to keep sedentary as much as possible but there is a price to pay for that as well?at my age I can accept that, if you are under 40 ,do all you can to get it fixed!! hang in there, the answers are hard to find and relief is NOT in a bottle or a pill.dont get desparate and let a quack mess you up!---be positive!!!!

11. WAIT AS LONG AS YOU CAN. I had Rods put from L3 to S1. Same kind of pain you were dealing with, but I couldnt walk. Now i can put not without oxycontin, percoset, valume for muscle realxer and neurontin. And to find out it seems like surgery was just a waste of time and the most painfull thing i ever did. Made my knee reconstrucion seem like a walk in the park!!!!! See a good NEUROSURGEON but the risk of it doing no good are 50 50!!!

Good Luck

Jason