close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Seen Bald Eagle at Deer Creek!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by PoleSnatcher, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Out to deer creek today off of old 207 and seen 2 bald eagles in a nest that the ODNR has out! It was the one nest off the shore to the right of the old bridge.

no fish were caught water was high and muddy

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Good deal. I drive past there everyday going to work in MT Sterling, I will have to stop and check it out.

3. catking

catking Banned

Good deal !!! I watched a few down in South Carolina a few weeks ago. Sleek birds to say the least. CATKING

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

That is really cool to watch them Saw a few at Deer creek last year also.

5. I thought those nest was hawk nest. That is where they brought the
    birds from down town columbus a few years ago. I will have to check
    I've never seen a eagle free.

6. Are you sure those are not Osprey you are seeing. I have viewed a bald eagle at Hargus Lake in Circleville and Osprey also. I have lived and fished at Deer Creek my entire life and have never viewed a bald eagle. I hope you are right. They could be moving in especially if they were at Hargus.

7. First of all - I am in no way a bird expert, but:

I viewed that nest by boat at close range and it does contain eagles. At least that's what I thought they were! :) However, I didn't think they were bald eagles - at least they didn't look like any I've seen before in pictures, etc.. There are a couple of young in the nest as well. :) :)

8. the nests are for osprey. ;)

9. from what i could tell it looked like an eagle, I could be wrong. dark body white head like an eagle

never seen them at hargus. I'm only aobut 5min from there, and fish there somewhat offten at times. have to pay more attention