Ohio Game Fishing banner

Secret Lure for Inactive Walleyes on Bottom

2K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  ezbite 
#1 ·
Some of you folks were wondering about how I can catch limits of Walleyes when they are inactive and sitting right on the bottom. Well, I probably shouldn't divulge my secrets, but here it is. Some of the side benefits are; you don't need any special tackle and the Walleyes don't care if you are using flourocarbon leaders or not. With this technique, success is very dependent on the capability of the guy with the net.

P.S. Do you think they would be able to detect shrapnel with X-Ray machines at the Hogfest?? :D :D :B :B

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
c;mon jeff you cant be doing that man! Now i guess we gotta find another technique since all the tackle makers on here will be carving some up now. Im just glad you are on my crew for the hawgfest..........here we come Ezbite, here we come.

swooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh! did you hear that tom? did you hear that? Yea that was team #25 flying by you and your crew to the top of the leaderboard :p :B

#9 ·
Hi Im New To This Forum, I Wanted To Share My Catch With Every One,
Went Out Of Lorain Two Weeks Ago Caught Many Many Large Eyes. 5-6-7- Lbs Going Back After Work Going To Find The Hog For A Wall Mount... Caught My Limit By 10:30 Would Like To Share Some Photos But Not Having Any Luck Uploading. Any Help Would Be Appreciated,
Walleye One Out!!!!!!

#10 ·
Went Out Of Lorain Two Weeks Ago Caught Many Many Large Eyes. 5-6-7- Lbs Going Back After Work Going To Find The Hog For A Wall Mount... Caught My Limit By 10:30 Would Like To Share Some Photos But Not Having Any Luck Uploading. Any Help Would Be Appreciated,
Walleye One Out!!!!!!
Check your PM's

#11 ·
swooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh! did you hear that tom? did you hear that? Yea that was team #25 flying by you and your crew to the top of the leaderboard :p :B
or me flushing what usually comes out of you mouth....OOOOooh, he didnt go there, ooooooh, YES HE DID...

leave it to george to highjack a perfectly serious thread, thanks for trying to help us workdog, kids:p :C

#12 ·
Walleye One Out!!!!!!

Hey walleye one...when you learn how...tell me..ok..LOL..I don't know if I even did this right!

Mike out

#13 ·
or me flushing what usually comes out of you mouth....OOOOooh, he didnt go there, ooooooh, YES HE DID...

leave it to george to highjack a perfectly serious thread, thanks for trying to help us workdog, kids:p :C
ya know- these last few weeks you guys have done nothing but picked on me constantly, im done. Im vacating this site and moving in with donkey untill after the hawgfest, you guys are now officially hawgfest enemies instead of fellow fishermen- i hope your happy thomas. :p

#15 ·
Some of you folks were wondering about how I can catch limits of Walleyes when they are inactive and sitting right on the bottom. Well, I probably shouldn't divulge my secrets, but here it is. Some of the side benefits are; you don't need any special tackle and the Walleyes don't care if you are using flourocarbon leaders or not. With this technique, success is very dependent on the capability of the guy with the net.
This one is new for me...anyone have the dive curves?

The one shown has a pin, I'm assuming it releases at some point, piss poor design...should have a fuse....just my 2cents

TC...good luck this weekend

harle

#19 ·
This one is new for me...anyone have the dive curves?

The one shown has a pin, I'm assuming it releases at some point, piss poor design...should have a fuse....just my 2cents

TC...good luck this weekend

harle
No fuse needed. Just hook your line to the pin and let out on a slack line. When you get to the desired depth, snap it loose like you're releasing a dipsy. Remember to fish it WAY back too.:p

#21 ·
ya know- these last few weeks you guys have done nothing but picked on me constantly, im done. Im vacating this site and moving in with donkey untill after the hawgfest, you guys are now officially hawgfest enemies instead of fellow fishermen- i hope your happy thomas. :p

Sorry to burst your bubble George, but I just received a 3 million candlepower flashlight in the mail. If you're gonna be with Donkey, I'm sure this will cut thru the fog!! Try something else???:p

#26 ·
aaah, come on little buddy, hawgfest enemies??? dont go away mad.hahahahaha!!! im sorry:D beside that, i dont think donkey has room for you in his garage with his boat in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.