close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Seasons...any ideas on surface temp at CC?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by big_b16, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Seasons, I see you are viewing this thread so I was wondering if you have been on the water lately to check temps? Thanks.

BB

2. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

Last I saw was 5C or 41F (Yesterday).

Fletch

3. i got 41 degrees in the tail water(spillway)and 43 in the coves at 50 springs area.i did see huge shad schools saturday and wasted sometime fishing around them.they seem to be chased but really are just running into each other and being spooked.one report of a old timer catching a couple of small crappie near the wellman boat ramp.take in mind i fished saturday and today ONLY for 2 hours but conditions all the same.i managed to fish the spillway and got my first fish of the year.a little hog nosed sucker lol tight lines

4. I fished for 3 hours late Saturday (3-26-05) from 2 - 5 pm. Water temps in the coves were 44 - 45 F.

5. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

Thanks for the URL, that's a great site for info.

6. Unfortunately, I've forgotten how to convert centigrade to fahrenheit....

Saw a lot of high, muddy water up 71 today. What does our favorite little musky pond look like today?

7. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

Take the Celcius degree and multiply it by 1.8 then add 32.
    7 Celcius x 1.8 = 12.6 +32 = 44.6

8. Well..Lazy stole my thunder and explained that the temp and levels are for the creek itself (somewhere other than the lake). Must be why I couldn't make a reference for the water height. I'm so stupid!

9. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

The water temp at CC on 3-30 was 43.16

10. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

They (corps of eng) probably take a reading next to the dam.
    Check out this url.
    http://www.lrd-wc.usace.army.mil/text/resprt1.txt
    It will be in Celcius so take the Celcius temp and multiply by 1.8 and add 32
    6.2C *1.8=11.16 +32 = 43.16

Fletch